Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French language films and television

Great thread idea. Thank you.

I‘ve been trying to find good French stuff on Prime and Netflix. It isn’t helped by living in Spain. Hopefully suggestions here will help.

If you change the language of your account (or one of them) to French/whatever you get access to better subtitle options, I found. There's loads on Netflix Spain anyway!

I watched Marseille and Plan Coeur and enjoyed them despite them being absolute shit haha.

Engrenage/Spiral meant to be good btw.

Last edited:
The excellent French police procedural/legal drama Spiral is leaving iPlayer soon, last chance to watch. Early seasons going off in 17 days, later ones in the new year, I think.
Oh, do you know which ones are leaving soonish? Just Googled and can't find it. Going to have to massively binge it. :(

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned crazy and thoroughly enjoyable. The French Revolution with vampires.

Attachments

• B6B0DE44-DBEA-47BF-9FB5-AABEA676D6AB.jpeg
    B6B0DE44-DBEA-47BF-9FB5-AABEA676D6AB.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5
Binged Spiral. Much of season 8 is set v close to where I used to live so spotting the locations and the 'they walk up there and end up WHERE?' moments was fun. Though I now really want to go and visit. Putain de merde!

What do you recommend next? I've heard Braquo is good. Anyone know where I can get hold of it? (Thought it was on iplayer or Netflix but it doesn't seem to be.)

I've got season 8 to go! I'm in love with Gilou and Laure, bloody brilliant. Josephine's pretty good too. Putain de merde for sure! Makes me want to go and live in France!

The Bureau is amazing. Espionage series but light years away from James Bond. If I remember there are no deaths in the first series unless you count a rat and the only vehicle chase is a push bike chasing a ice cream van. It’s a while since I watched it…..btw don’t think it’s wacky from my description

Reactions: LDC
All seasons of Spiral seem to be back on iPlayer today, they were supposed to be off Sunday! I had 2 more episodes of season 7 that I hadn't got round to watching I can now see before starting the last season.

Finished season 8 of Spiral yesterday. Sad times, no more Gilou or Laure. Have you checked out The Bureau yet Sue?

For french language content, there are the channels france deux, trois, quatre, and cinq available on android tablets. I watch them all the time on there, ( satellite also ). In fact je pense que they are likely available anywhere online with a vpn.

For french language content, there are the channels france deux, trois, quatre, and cinq available on android tablets. I watch them all the time on there, ( satellite also ). In fact je pense que they are likely available anywhere online with a vpn.
Ooh, this could tempt me into looking into a VPN…

we had a go at spiral from the beginning but it felt really dated. it may just be that my appetite for generic police procedural has waned tho.

Back
Top Bottom