Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tommy Robinson is a horrible man

It's not a joke though. When I've had kids in class asking me about him, insisting on using his given name makes them realise they don't know everything about him (invariably they only know him from YouTube and TikTok) and I might have a clue what I'm talking about.
Yep. This is why it's important to use his real name, or at least make people aware. People changing their name like that come across weird.

Can we at least change the thread title and replace Tommy Robinson with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon? Some consistency would be good. I'm not suggesting we have a house style or anything, but these things are important, though I'll grant you that they're clearly only important to me. :D

Can we at least change the thread title and replace Tommy Robinson with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon? Some consistency would be good. I'm not suggesting we have a house style or anything, but these things are important, though I'll grant you that they're clearly only important to me. :D
Report the op putting your suggestion in the box so it receives the attention it merits

I thought he had other names too - folk call him Tommy ten names. Strange thing for anyone to get upset about.
not upset. annoyed. like when something is slightly asymmettrical. you want to fix it, even if it's not important in the scheme of things

They don't though as otherwise I wouldn't have to tell people that. The name Tommy Robinson is all around his image and who he wants to be. It's fair enough if you don't like it, but I'll keep calling him by his proper name just like Tom Riddle.
I mean on here rather than IRL

Jobby Bobbinson. Might catch on.
I like it but not quite got that anti racist protest chant beatbox rythm to it perhaps needs another 2 sylables

Its not Tommy Yaxley Robinson
its jobby Gobby Bobbinson

its a tongue twister until you get the hang of it

He has also used Andrew McMaster Paul Harris Wayne King Chistopher Lennon that I can remember probably more over the years to hide his past online so Im happy calling him tommy ten names if anyone mentions him at work or the pub

Last edited:
i'd prefer we'd stick to the one name. SYL just makes you sound like you think you're making a clever joke. which is ok once. but not every fucking time. it's the same as those who think they're clever calling Boris Johnson by his full name. The joke does not need making ever again. WE KNOW. Don't be boring. think of summat else.
It’s not a joke. Posters aren’t tittering every time they type SYL out. They aren’t trying to roll out a funny pseudonym for him ( like some div currently propagating the “Kier Stalin” moniker…unsuccessfully)

It’s a conscious decision to pop the horrible pricks bubble. And his man of the people name rather than his violent and fraudulent criminal past name

If you are a bit miffed that you didn’t see this connection and it vexes you when you read it, that’s on you 😁

Last edited:
Do you want a cup of tea and a sit down, we’ll let you choose a tv channel if you want.

It’s not a joke. Posters aren’t tittering every time they type SYL out. They aren’t trying to roll out a funny pseudonym for him ( like some div currently propagating the “Kier Stalin” moniker…unsuccessfully)

It’s a conscious decision to pop the horrible pricks bubble. And his man of the people name rather than his violent and fraudulent criminal past name

If you are a bit miffed that you didn’t see this connection and it vexes you when you read it, that’s on you 🤣
It still comes off as a smug joke as well, like Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, whatever the intention.

Do you want a cup of tea and a sit down, we’ll let you choose a tv channel if you want.
Just dont offer USA Dads Army its now called The Rear Guard
Last of the summer wine has always been LOTSW & runs all day every day keeps em quiet
:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom