Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Morning. Phillip comes out as gay.

why did you assume he was gay?
Been there with a couple of them before they were out (in one case he was out all along just nobody asked). :oops:

Generally there are a lot more gay men working at the BBC, more than many places I can think of. Is there anything wrong with me assuming he was gay, considering most people default to assuming the other person is straight ?

Last edited:
Been there with a couple of them before they were out. :oops:

Generally there are a lot more gay men working at the BBC, more than many places I can think of. Is there anything wrong with me assuming he was gay, considering most people default to assuming the other person is straight ?

Sorry to be pedantic but he works for ITV.

Been there with a couple of them before they were out (in one ase he was out all along just nobody cared to asked). :oops:

I was replying to maomao tbh.

I think the assumption that all mildly camp men who work in the media are gay is perhaps one that we should be trying to challenge.

Philip Schofield is letting the side down very badly in this regard.

Must admit, I never knew (or cared, as in it never occurred to me) one way or the other. Seems to have a good rep both in his industry and generally, so good luck to him, and agree with comment above in hoping that this wasn’t in response to shit media shits.

I think the assumption that all mildly camp men who work in the media are gay is perhaps one that we should be trying to challenge.
You are the first one mentioning anything about anybody being camp. I don't find him particularly camp.

You are the first one mentioning anything about anybody being camp. I don't find him particularly camp.

I’m rubbish at spotting these things so just assume others are right on this count.

If asked before today, I’d have given a 95% certainty that Schofe is either straight or gay.

It wasn’t to me. I think it’s just a shame he felt like he had to tell everyone. It’s no ones business except for him and his family. I read his statement though and it’s really lovely.
It wasn't to me either, cause I don't assume camp men in the media are gay. But lots of people do, and they're all tapping their noses today going aha! I knew all along!

I think it’s just a shame he felt like he had to tell everyone. It’s no ones business except for him and his family. I read his statement though and it’s really lovely.

Agree totally. With all of it (I also took a look at the statement, prompted by your post). :)

He's more camp on social media I think

I'm not on social media and I certainly wouldn't follow him if I was. On TV he falls right in the centre of the butch/camp spectrum, like most straight and gay men. Much British light entertainment is a bit camp though and it is an industry which has long been more welcoming to gay men behind and in front of the camera than many others industries. In any case, I seem to have a large ex-boyfriend pool who have worked at the BBC at one point, but then I long worked in the British media myself.

I'm not on social media and I certainly wouldn't follow him if I was. On TV he falls right in the centre of the butch/camp spectrum, like most straight and gay men. Most British light entertainment is a bit camp though and it is an industry which has long been welcoming more to gay men behind and in front of the camera than many others. In any case, I seem to have a large ex-boyfriend pool who have worked at the BBC at one point, but then I long worked in the British media.
This meme I've seen a couple of times put me on to it

eirinnmolloy-eirinnmolloy-actual-love-the-way-phillip-schofield-is-ike-31735033.png

Back
Top Bottom