Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Theresa May's time is up

not for that reason - if she says she'll extend the negotiating period (which isn't in her gift, the UK would have to propose it, and the commission and the other member states would have to agree, or not) she just says she's increasingly desperate for a deal, in which case the EU side have little reason to offer better terms.
"I will work as long as it takes to get the right deal, the best Brexit deal." was the right answer.

As it is the only way she gets the two year transition she promised business leaders were a red line earlier this week, is if she bends over and takes whatever the EU tells her to.

As it is the only way she gets the two year transition she promised business leaders were a red line earlier this week, is if she bends over and takes whatever the EU tells her to.

I think it's in both parties interests to nail a good deal. May seems to be getting her dander up, since the election she's been very quite.

She just let Peter Bone paint her into a corner. A very bad corner.

• Mr Peter Bone (Wellingborough) (Con)
    It has been assumed that triggering article 50 means that on 29 March 2019 we will come out of the EU if there is no agreement, but is it not the case that the negotiations can be extended if the Government and the EU agree to do that? Will the Prime Minister assure the House that under no circumstances will the negotiations be extended?

• The Prime Minister
    My hon. Friend is accurate in his interpretation of the treaty, which does allow for an extension of negotiations. I have been very clear that by March 2019 we want not only for those negotiation to have ended but to have an agreement on the future relationship and on our withdrawal, and we will leave the EU in March 2019.
This is a scenario for the EU bods to move from smirking to outright belly laughs when she enters the room.

This is a scenario for the EU bods to move from smirking to outright belly laughs when she enters the room.

And I'm sure they will, cos the cunts are more than happy to fuck with millions of EU citizens' lives whilst they play their silly games.

we won't get a sensible deal til after it's 2 year period is over.

Is about the strength of it. We were pretty much told that outright by Yanis Varoufakis.

And I'm sure they will, cos the cunts are more than happy fuck with millions of EU citizens' lives whilst they play their silly games.

Is about the strength of it. We were pretty much told that outright by Yanis Varoufakis.
Though you'd think as a long time cabinet and tory party member, May would have plenty of experience of dealing with cunts. She seems eternally surprised that they have their own agenda and won't make things easy for her.

Though you'd think as a long time cabinet and tory party member, May would have plenty of experience of dealing with cunts. She seems eternally surprised that they have their own agenda and won't make things easy for her.

You forget that she's hopelessly out of her league.

22894298_1758969784142927_546544277805928791_n.png

That would be the one who likes to shag men wearing women's perfume? Oh, I've spoiled your joke. :oops:

wasn't a joke just a bad late night spell check. 'In the past falling below the high standards we expect from our Armed Services.'.. among other thingss theres a rat fuck going down

I've always thought May will struggle on till the end of Brexit. Still do, just about, largely because any potential leader wants her to take all the flack. Same time, I'd guess there's a 20% chance she could be challenged by the weekend i.e. I don't think it will happen, but there's the ghost of a scenario there. Problem is, any challenge will take place amid the furore around gropey MPs. Whoever challenges has to be clean.

I don't think they'll get rid of her until after Brexit or if the polls take a nose dive. I'm sure a few of the people who want to job (fuck knows why) are sitting back quietly waiting for the Brexit thing to be done.

To be fair to her she's just gotten on with stuff rather than stepped down and retired, which would have been an easier option. I wouldn't expect the likes of Gove or Boris to hang around in the same spot.

I don't think they'll get rid of her until after Brexit or if the polls take a nose dive. I'm sure a few of the people who want to job (fuck knows why) are sitting back quietly waiting for the Brexit thing to be done.

To be fair to her she's just gotten on with stuff rather than stepped down and retired, which would have been an easier option. I wouldn't expect the likes of Gove or Boris to hang around in the same spot.
I'm not sure she is "getting on with stuff". I think she's desperately clinging on to power, because she genuinely believes she can/should.

The more I see of this government, the more I believe that they are so completely out of touch with reality that they think that nobody in their right mind could object to what they're doing. I think they believe their own propaganda.

I'm not sure she is "getting on with stuff". I think she's desperately clinging on to power, because she genuinely believes she can/should.

I don't think she's clinging to power, she knows she won't be there next election. It's more a case no one wants the gig pre-brexit, because that's what we want someone who waits until the tricky stuff is all done before making a run for the job.

I don't think her powers that be are letting her chuck it all in, after all she is married to a billionaire hedge fund fucker, she doesnt need the work unless she thinks its the will of god , which is more worrying imo

I guess none of us will really know until she publishes her memoirs :D

I used to think that she was probably stuck in the job, but...well, I just don't think she's a good enough actor to be faking the apparent enthusiasm with which she's continuing to pursue the Tory agenda, despite being thwarted at every turn.

Boris alert:

Johnson to push for more cash for NHS

Boris Johnson is expected to push for an extra £100m a week for the NHS in England at a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, the BBC understands.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt will give ministers a routine update on how the NHS is coping with winter pressures.

The foreign secretary is expected to use the occasion to demand extra money and a renewed focused on the service.

A source close to Mr Johnson said that there is concern that "Number 10 is abandoning the territory".

The source said he was frustrated at Downing Street's lack of action on the issue given the levels of public anxiety about how the NHS is faring.

Growing numbers of Conservative MPs are openly expressing their frustration with Number 10's handling of the NHS winter pressures.

They are particularly concerned about Prime Minister Theresa May's response to calls for a cross-party commission to tackle the long term challenges of facing the health service.

One senior Tory MP told the BBC: "We all know the problem - it is at the centre. There is no decision making."

Back
Top Bottom