Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Did'nt Marlo have a sitdown with the Greek during the last ep in series 4?,Prop Joe arranged it
Boris had been in prison for about 2 years at that point.

You mean Sergei? I don't think they have before.
That's what I thought. So I guess they're working on the name and looking to connect from that angle.

Of course! What's why Chris wanted the photo - to ID this character Boris/Sergie who's connected to the Greeks.

A little underwhelmed by tonights ep - not sure if i can get excited about the goings on at a local newspaper. The Mr Prezbo, Carcetti, Sobotka plots have been great to run alongside the drug dealing stuff, showing the interaction with the drug trade.

just wait!

Sheeeit, what have they done to the theme tune? Sounds like Stevie Wonder played easy-listening style for a Berni Inn or summat.
:mad:

season 5 theme tune is a damn sight better than all the rest...apart from the original s1 by Tom Waits.

A little underwhelmed by tonights ep - not sure if i can get excited about the goings on at a local newspaper. The Mr Prezbo, Carcetti, Sobotka plots have been great to run alongside the drug dealing stuff, showing the interaction with the drug trade.
Been watching it on torrented files (only just caught up with the BBC showings) and I've been underwhelmed every time I started watching a new season. It's a comedown after the last one climaxed but you soon get into it again

Been watching it on torrented files (only just caught up with the BBC showings) and I've been underwhelmed every time I started watching a new season. It's a comedown after the last one climaxed but you soon get into it again

Spot on -the change in pace from the climax of one to the start of another is probably to blame.

Maybe they should have had the Bowls in between or something - so by the time it comes on we are positively quivering with anticipation.

Always leave them wanting more...

Ob trying to undermine Prop Joe.

Control the drugs and you control the co-op.

Prop Joe is the one bringing in the shipment and threatening to cut people off from the sweet product if they don't like what he say.

Marlo doesn't like not being the one in control. He is suspicious of everyone and more concerned about what the co-op can do for him than what the co-op can do for each other.

So yeah I think he is looking for a back door to the supply so that he can overthrow Prop Joe.

wtf?! Which is the best season theme tune then? It goes Season 1, then season 5.
The WORST is the rnb woman singing. I had to forward the fucking title sequence for every single episode.
S1 isn't Tom Waits, S2 is

My top 5

Number 1 - S1
Number 2 - S2
Number 3 - S4 (it took a while for the RnB thing to get to me, but it's an interesting arrangement)
Number 4 - S3 (far too noodly for me)
Number 5 - S5 (godawful, soulless, unsyncopated white trash)

All IMO of course. It's music

Nah. Its a simple equation.

S1 Best.
S2 not as good as S1
S3 not as good as S2
S4 not as good as S3
S5 not as good as S4

If they ever release a S6 it will be worse again. An Ompah band with bagpipes or something,

I was reading the most recent Viz in bed last night, and in one of the strips there were two characters called Rawls and Barksdale :D

season 5 theme tune is a damn sight better than all the rest...apart from the original s1 by Tom Waits.

it's a Tom Waits song, but the version in S1 is by the Blind Boys of Alabama.

S2 - Waits
S3 - The Neville Brothers
S4 - DoMaJe (Baltimore Boys Choir)
S5 - Steve Earle

3,2,1,4,5 is the correct oder of the theme tunes

Not only is The Wire a brilliant series but it's educational too.
" 120 people were evacuated? you don't evacuate people you evacuate buildings unless you're giving those people an enema".
"Has subtle got a b in it" ?:)

The best thing about Season 4 is seeing Clark Johnson again!

Theres another real treat for Homicide fans coming up as well...

Control the drugs and you control the co-op.

Prop Joe is the one bringing in the shipment and threatening to cut people off from the sweet product if they don't like what he say.

Marlo doesn't like not being the one in control. He is suspicious of everyone and more concerned about what the co-op can do for him than what the co-op can do for each other.

So yeah I think he is looking for a back door to the supply so that he can overthrow Prop Joe.

You think marlo'll be interested in any sort of fucking co-op if he gets the connect?
:D

thanks for the props concerning property etc - I am loving the affirmation. Another thought that I had regarding this is the fact that none of the major players can even own anything - cars are in someone else's name, they cant have houses in their name, nor can they own mobile phones.

Not only is The Wire a brilliant series but it's educational too.
" 120 people were evacuated? you don't evacuate people you evacuate buildings unless you're giving those people an enema"
Except he was talking bollocks. Evacuate as a transitive verb used in reference to people has been common usage for decades. He'd have got an argument from me if I was in his newsroom.

But it was a good representation of the type of grumpy old fool you get in newspaper offices

Back
Top Bottom