Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Why the shit hasn't Netflix bought it all up? They have crappy lost and friends etc.
It's HBO so it'll be on HBO Max, they've never sold their stuff to other streaming services even when they didn't have one themselves. I don't know if HBO max is available in the UK or if they licence their stuff out now in countries they don't (yet) operate in.

I'm sure years ago I remember reading an article from netflix explaining that they couldn't licence it and it was their number 1 requested show to get on there, but I can't find it now.

It's HBO so it'll be on HBO Max, they've never sold their stuff to other streaming services even when they didn't have one themselves. I don't know if HBO max is available in the UK or if they licence their stuff out now in countries they don't (yet) operate in.
HBO stuff used to be on Sky Atlantic, but I believe a dedicated HBO channel is coming soon (on Sky).

HBO have had plenty of stuff on Netflix US, UK and the rest of the world.

Yeah fairly standard subscription channel. You can at least cancel it once you've bunged everything you want to.
I looked at the website and it seems quite confusing. Mentions sky a lot.
Can't see much of what they have to offer and more than half the pictures on the website don't load, which doesn't bode well.
I'm guessing it won't work on my telly (Disney doesn't - I only seem to be able to do Prime, Netflix, BBCi and 4oD).

Back
Top Bottom