Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Yep, it was shocking.

So folks . . . is there something specific that happened in Bubbles' past that he isn't able to confront - perhaps the death of his apprentice or something further back in childhood, or is it a more generally based denial about how his life has gone?

I have been leaning towards the death of his apprentice.

Yep, it was shocking.

So folks . . . is there something specific that happened in Bubbles' past that he isn't able to confront - perhaps the death of his apprentice or something further back in childhood, or is it a more generally based denial about how his life has gone?

There's not really been any hints to a poor / abusive childhood (particularly as the sister he stays with occasionally seems to be pretty together and scornful of how he lives his life).

Definitely the death of Sherrod is something he doesn't want to face up to yet, plus the fact that he's probably feeling guilty for still being around after all this time.

It's horrible to watch, because I'm just waiting for him to fall again :(

Marlo's beginning to piss me off. A while back he's up all night playing poker, then he tells Michael 'early bird get that worm'. Come on, young'un - some consistency, please.

Was nice to see Avon again last night, he's lost none of his charm. Missed him for the entire S4. One thing I don't get though (late, tired, drunk etc.) is what can Marlo offer Sergi to make him cross his connection? Has Avon given him some 'friendly advice'?

Oh and Bubs, did I hear right - 15 months clean? Hats off to the man (a big red pimp hat, in this case)

Yep, it was shocking.

Do you think its being hinted that Sherrod was Bubb's son - he mentioned earlier on he has a chilkd, and the way he was sadly looking at the children last night.

I love Bubbs, he is a great character, probably my favourite.

Is Britain going to get it's version of The Wire? we won't need to. Chris Graylling the Shadow Home secretary thinks it is already here.

Guardian Link

A cheap shot at sensationalism or edging on the truth. Being from genteel Leeds, it is not something I recognise.

sherrod wasn't his kid, but he was looking out for him, and saw him as a surrogate son, i guess.

the death of sherrod, and of johnny as well, people who he was looking after, but couldn't save.

Is Britain going to get it's version of The Wire? we won't need to. Chris Graylling the Shadow Home secretary thinks it is already here.

Guardian Link

A cheap shot at sensationalism or edging on the truth. Being from genteel Leeds, it is not something I recognise.

:confused: no politicians on the make? no manipulation of systems so that targets are met? no administrations running out of money?no surveillance? no journos making stuff up to fill the gaps between adverts? no etonians pretending to be down with the people?

Guardian Link

I'd be surprised if Chris Grayling has watched more than a few minutes, seems like bandwagon-jumping to me.

I'd be surprised if Chris Grayling has watched more than a few minutes, seems like bandwagon-jumping to me.

"Interviewer: Have you really seen any more than that first episode?

Grayling: Yes I’ve seen a number of ... I’ve seen most of the first series. I have seen a number of the other episodes yes. I have."

Anyone else notice the girl at the beginning last night (the addict speaking) was previously shown buying drugs in Hamsterdam and Old face Andres store in previous series.

Only noticed because she was quite hot.:oops:

Question about the title sequence.

They show 6 photos in succession.

A kid shot early on in the series (the one who got tired of hiding out in the country)
D
Avon
Frank Sabotka
Brodie

but who is it in the last photo? I don't recognise em.

He's fucking dead. Deal with it

where wallace?

where's wallace at? ... Where's the boy, string?:

the first geezer is wallace iirc

'wheres wallace string? Where's wallace?'

where's wallace at? Where the fuck is wallace? Where's wallace, string? String! Where the fuck is wallace? Huh? Stringer?

where wallace at? Where wallace, string?

me too now, that i think about it. Wallace hooked me in. Where's wallace, man?

There's also an extra who I've noticed through the seasons, a woman, probably in her 40s, with mid length silver/grey hair, not a slight build, who occasionally sits or stands around in group scenes. Never has a speaking part. She's been police and civilian.

Wallace never had a funeral, did he . . . :(

You just knew they were'nt going to get any help off the FBI when you saw who the guy they were pitching the investigation to was,true what they said in the bar,if the numerous bodies found in the boarded up houses were white the Gov would send in the army. .

Great episode tonight. I literally cannot wait to see what Omar does.

One question - Marlo is trying to hook up with The Greek right? I thought he was doing it behind Prop Joe's back, trying to get the connect himself - how come he was talking to Joe about it and used him to buy clean money?
Unless i've got it wrong - what does Marlo want with the Greek?

Back
Top Bottom