Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted so I can throw this pathetic defence of a dictator who uses chemical weapons back in your face at a later point.
Taking the comment on its own terms, I didn't read it as a defence, just as a more nuanced way of looking at his motivation. It's possible that some leaders think the good of their country as a whole can only be achieved by the sacrifice of some of their own civilians (Stalin, Mao, for the big numbers but there are plenty of others). It's certainly possible to imagine that Assad will end up as Saddam and Gaddafi did, with similar consequences.

Quoted so I can throw this pathetic defence of a dictator who uses chemical weapons back in your face at a later point.

Go ahead and use it as you wish. It's not a defence of a dictator who uses chemical weapons though, history is littered with people who considered themselves patriots and true believers... and who committed all sorts of horrible acts. Expecting leaders you don't like to all just be ready to finally fuck off to Saudi Arabia or Florida or London or any of the other bolt-holes when things go against them just makes you naive, stupid even. Tell you what eh, has anyone tried offering Hitler money and prossies and a mansion in Florida to give up on this 3rd Reich lark and go away?

Besides which I actually don't believe Assad used chemical weapons here, the motives don't at all make any sense and yet we've seen attempts at chemical false-flags on the rebels part before... and with them the motives make a great deal of sense. However unlike you, I'd rather see what an investigation into the events will tell us before I'd be willing to support military action.

What is it with people like you anyway, time and time again they dangle some vial in front of your face and you're off along the lines directed. Do you ever follow up on what happened afterwards with these stories you like to believe or what?

Go ahead and use it as you wish. It's not a defence of a dictator who uses chemical weapons though, history is littered with people who considered themselves patriots and true believers... and who committed all sorts of horrible acts. Expecting leaders you don't like to all just be ready to finally fuck off to Saudi Arabia or Florida or London or any of the other bolt-holes when things go against them just makes you naive, stupid even. Tell you what eh, has anyone tried offering Hitler money and prossies and a mansion in Florida to give up on this 3rd Reich lark and go away?

You know Hitler's dead right.

Besides which I actually don't believe Assad used chemical weapons here, the motives don't at all make any sense and yet we've seen attempts at chemical false-flags on the rebels part before... and with them the motives make a great deal of sense. However unlike you, I'd rather see what an investigation into the events will tell us before I'd be willing to support military action.

What is it with people like you anyway, time and time again they dangle some vial in front of your face and you're off along the lines directed. Do you ever follow up on what happened afterwards with these stories you like to believe or what?

Yes, And I did notice that the people who are calling it a false flag, and blaming the rebels are the exact same people who denied it was a chemical weapons attack in the first place.

You know Hitler's dead right.

Yes, And I did notice that the people who are calling it a false flag, and blaming the rebels are the exact same people who denied it was a chemical weapons attack in the first place.

Well, we'll see. These stories tend to 'complexify' the more time passes. What seemed like a fairly straight forward Hollywood movie scene at first (bad guys chem-bomb a village) tends toward more and more fiddly bits until the media get bored of it or the event has served its purpose and it's left to internet-archeologists to construct an idea of what really happened (it really does look like it may have been the rebels, or this particular group here, but we'll never be sure, etc).

eta on your last bit: If the Syrians really did hit a rebel chemical weapons dump than it really wouldn't have actually been a chemical weapons attack by either party. Not to mention that the use of weapons to win a war is entirely up to the possessors powers of creativity, to have the weapon used or be seen to be used or alleged to be used or potentially be usable or even to just boring-old splat enemy troops or civilian populations.

Last edited:
To be fair a few idiots have managed to spam a couple of threads to the point where there's no point contributing but there's still a lot worth reading and contributing to on the forum as a whole.
Unfortunately those "idiots" stop any kind of discussion in it's tracks with abusive or snide remarks and ad-hominems. How dare anybody question the actions of the US/Nato.

Well, we'll see. These stories tend to 'complexify' the more time passes. What seemed like a fairly straight forward Hollywood movie scene at first (bad guys chem-bomb a village) tends toward more and more fiddly bits until the media get bored of it or the event has served its purpose and it's left to internet-archeologists to construct an idea of what really happened (it really does look like it may have been the rebels, or this particular group here, but we'll never be sure, etc).

eta on your last bit: If the Syrians really did hit a rebel chemical weapons dump than it really wouldn't have actually been a chemical weapons attack by either party. Not to mention that the use of weapons to win a war is entirely up to the possessors powers of creativity, to have the weapon used or be seen to be used or alleged to be used or potentially be usable or even to just boring-old splat enemy troops or civilian populations.
Except for the fact that overwhelming consensus from Independent journalists (not just the US and it's allies) on the ground is that it was a chemical weapons attack by Assad.

Except for the fact that overwhelming consensus from Independent journalists (not just the US and it's allies) on the ground is that it was a chemical weapons attack by Assad.

What this one that just happened? That's some pretty hot independent journalism on their part.

What this one that just happened? That's some pretty hot independent journalism on their part.

Not everyone in the world has to wait for instructions on what to do/say/think from Moscow to arrive by cabbage soup powered carrier pigeon...

As I said journalists on the ground Syria.

Meanwhile Russian stooges like yourself immediately decried the attack as "fake news" and a "false flag" denying it was a chemical weapons attack, and once it was irrefutably proven to be a chemical weapons attack, they changed tactic, and claimed it was a rebel chemical attack/chemical weapons dump.

So... there were independent journalists in place on the ground ready to identify the Syrian aircraft and witness the chemical devastation and report immediately.

Is that part in dispute? I mean Russia seems to agree with that part.

For starts the OPCW have already confirmed Assad has, and has used chemical weapons

Secondly you're being facetious, Medicine Sans Frontiers confirmed the use of chemical weapons almost immediately as they were treating the victims,

Syria chemical weapons attack: what we know about deadly air raid

Autopsies confirm chemical weapons used in Syria attack, says Turkey

And of course there is zero evidence that the chemical weapons were in rebel possession and hit by a shell. This is a theory put forward by right wing fuck knuckles like yourself, and Alex Jones, who from the safety of his radio station in Texas can explain how it's a "false flag".

Now fuck off.

For starts the OPCW have already confirmed Assad has, and has used chemical weapons

Secondly you're being facetious, Medicine Sans Frontiers confirmed the use of chemical weapons almost immediately as they were treating the victims,

Syria chemical weapons attack: what we know about deadly air raid

Autopsies confirm chemical weapons used in Syria attack, says Turkey

And of course there is zero evidence that the chemical weapons were in rebel possession and hit by a shell. This is a theory put forward by right wing fuck knuckles like yourself, and Alex Jones, who from the safety of his radio station in Texas can explain how it's a "false flag".

Now fuck off.

In amongst your other nonsense I noticed you calling me right wing. I mean... there's no need for that, come on now let's not get carried away.

Not nearly as effective as being a fuck-witted conspiraloon though, that's the true grail of filters...
Quite the opposite, it is 1000 times more effective, especially when armed with the weaponised "conspiracy theorist" accusations and ad-hominems, which trumps any argument and nukes any debate, stops them dead in their tracks.

A Russian defence ministry statement says that Russia will now stop communicating or cooperating with US forces in Syria. That's sounds like a guaranteed disaster waiting to happen.

Whilst its understandable, I mean they had to react some way, it doesn't bode well. I would have said this sort of cooperation is needed now more than ever. That being said I assume they will do it via other channels, probably everybody's mate Turkey. What can go wrong?

I think it's an assessment of your character that most people on this thread would concur with.

Oh noez, has I offended the group!1!! Does this mean I'm not considered cool?!! Oh the sleepless nights ahead, why oh why must I allow my opinions to get in the way of your esteemed approval. Fuck sakes, grow up.

I think it's an assessment of your character that most people on this thread would concur with.

For whats its worth I don't. I think he's a pretty considered guy who I agree with a lot of the time. I just think he's got it wrong about Assad, badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom