Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Russian defence ministry statement says that Russia will now stop communicating or cooperating with US forces in Syria. That sounds like a guaranteed disaster waiting to happen.
What do you think will happen? Two of the planes already involved in thousands and thousands of airstrikes - russians to the west of the euphrates, US to the east - will accidentally hit each other? Their forces are in different parts of the country fighting different people.

edit: That stuff is just for public consumption anyway. Got to look angry and reacting. I suspect the russians aren't too bothered about a little bit of discipline coming assad's way given the way he has taken their help and done just whatever he wants rather than what they want.

For whats its worth I don't. I think he's a pretty considered guy who I agree with a lot of the time. I just think he's got it wrong about Assad, badly wrong.

Hmmm I remember everyone telling me "jazzz is a great guy just as long as you ignore the conspiraloonery bollocks" which is a bit like saying "Fred West is lovely if you ignore what's under his patio".

So what have we learned today

1) Murderous dictators are pretty much OK as long as they are patriots & not just freebooter opportunists.

that's it.

We are through the looking glass again: Chomsky tended to sneer at conspiracy theory but was anticipating a false flag last week. Sam Seder of Majority Report is also suggesting this could be FF. Not typical of the left. generally, who always like to think they know better.

Meanwhile the likes of Alex Jones and other shills for corporate authoritarian warmongers will presumably have to tag along with the establishment view of events.

We are through the looking glass again: Chomsky tended to sneer at conspiracy theory but was anticipating a false flag last week. Sam Seder of Majority Report is also suggesting this could be FF. Not typical of the left. generally, who always like to think they know better.

Meanwhile the likes of Alex Jones and other shills for corporate authoritarian warmongers will presumably have to tag along with the establishment view of events.
Chomsky did what when?

Oh fuck the fuck off.

Do you forget you started a fucking thread where you called him an "anti neo-con" & said, "his films are worth watching"?

What do you think of Alex Jones (anti neocon broadcaster / film-maker)?

So what have we learned today

1) Murderous dictators are pretty much OK as long as they are patriots & not just freebooter opportunists.

that's it.

God damnit. I was only humbly suggesting that one at least make a genuine attempt to understand ones enemy.

Alright forget it then, do it your way- Assad will slink off to live in a Persian Dacha of luxury any day now. or something.

Oh fuck the fuck off.

Do you forget you started a fucking thread where you called him an "anti neo-con" & said, "his films are worth watching"?

What do you think of Alex Jones (anti neocon broadcaster / film-maker)?

I wouldn't say that generally of his films now. He is arguably anti neo-con as it happens, doesn't mean I agree with him. I was wrong about him, but he has got considerably worse anyway.

Oh look! You didn't address my point, but brought up some stuff from long ago instead. How useful. Extra points for abusive language though.

About 36m 30secs

Oddly enough, it's only the r/w headbangers that gave it much attention when he said it, but if they are to stay loyal to Joffrey they may have to go quiet on it.

He was listing possible methods by which the US state could ramp up tension within the US - one of those methods, that chomsky makes clear he doesn't anticipate happening - contra your claim - is faked attacks within the US by the FBI. Nothing at all to do with syria. Your attempt to run this together with the chemical attack on civilians is pretty piss poor - esp from someone who exclusively posts now about lies and dissembling by the media.

I wouldn't say that generally of his films now. He is arguably anti neo-con as it happens, doesn't mean I agree with him. I was wrong about him, but he has got considerably worse anyway.

Oh look! You didn't address my point, but brought up some stuff from long ago instead. How useful. Extra points for abusive language though.

Cause frankly you've not met a military or terrorist attack, you DIDN'T think was a false flag.

Cause frankly you've not met a military or terrorist attack, you DIDN'T think was a false flag.

What number am I thinking of?

I can't stand the way people jump to conclusions about stuff like this in fact, and as for the latest incident I have little idea and havent looked into it much.

Your basis for what I think seems as much based on something I bashed out over 10 years ago, which is rather dismal of you tbh

He was listing possible methods by which the US state could ramp up tension within the US - one of those methods, that chomsky makes clear he doesn't anticipate happening - contra your claim - is faked attacks within the US by the FBI. Nothing at all to do with syria. Your attempt to run this together with the chemical attack on civilians is pretty piss poor - esp from someone who exclusively posts now about lies and dissembling by the media.

Yep, it was clunkily written. But the point that the left are now musing about false flags while the right may be under pressure to suppress such talk out of loyalty is a sign of how weird things have become.

What do you think will happen? Two of the planes already involved in thousands and thousands of airstrikes - russians to the west of the euphrates, US to the east - will accidentally hit each other? Their forces are in different parts of the country fighting different people.

edit: That stuff is just for public consumption anyway. Got to look angry and reacting. I suspect the russians aren't too bothered about a little bit of discipline coming assad's way given the way he has taken their help and done just whatever he wants rather than what they want.

What do you know... I actually agree with something apron said. Things must really be bad.

What number am I thinking of?

I can't stand the way people jump to conclusions about stuff like this in fact, and as for the latest incident I have little idea and havent looked into it much.

Your basis for what I think seems as much based on something I bashed out over 10 years ago, which is rather dismal of you tbh

No if that was an isolated post it would be, but your track record for gullibly swallowing conspiraloonery is well documented on this site

Yep, it was clunkily written. But the point that the left are now musing about false flags while the right may be under pressure to suppress such talk out of loyalty is a sign of how weird things have become.
That loon-stalinist-left had always talked about false flags. To suggest that it's new and so there may be something in it is wrong in the first case and an example of what you reject the media doing (or claim that they do) in the second.

That loon-stalinist-left had always talked about false flags. To suggest that it's new and so there may be something in it is wrong in the first case and an example of what you reject the media doing (o claim that they do) in the second.

Agreed, for someone who claims to be open minded, taffy swallows alot of guff hook line and sinker.

For whats its worth I don't. I think he's a pretty considered guy who I agree with a lot of the time. I just think he's got it wrong about Assad, badly wrong.

Nice of you to say, thanks. To be clear I'm not yet taking a position on this other than that I don't consider the sources of the prevailing narrative so far to be trustworthy based on past performance and how little sense a chemical attack makes on Assads part. Scepticism is my position.

Last edited:
Nice of you to say, thanks. To be clear I'm not yet taking a position on this other than that I don't consider the sources of the prevailing narrative so far to be trustworthy based on past performance and how little sense a chemical attack makes on Assads part. Skepticism is my position.

You're not skeptical if you're swallowing the Putin/Assad narrative hook line and sinker.

Yeah and your posting history here, shows that you're about as sceptical as someone at the front row of a faith healer.

That'd be my weakness for hating on US foreign policy and history. Nobodies perfect.

I don't think that means I'm automatically wrong about what's happening or has happened in Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Nigeria, South/Sudan, South East Asia, South America or Ukraine. I've not spoken about some of those other places on this forum because there's no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom