Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

Watched it again, opinion hasn't changed. One thing I will add is Tuckers new guy is quite literally the worst actor ever to have been in TToI! He's terrible! Bring back the mental Scottish fella!

true, i suppose there may have been hopes that Abbott would prove a good minister worth promoting later on, whereas she is clearly a desperate last throw of the dice, shit there's no one else candidate (although every MP would have at least a researcher, especially if they were junior ministers, as she probably should have been to go into a cabinet post)

MPs that are Ministers have their MP team and a Ministerial team. Researchers don't always get promoted over...

can i just point out that this isn't actually real and squabbles over why glenn and ollie remain are about as much use as a marzipan dildo :mad:

I wasn't that impressed by it, hope it gets better because the first episode smacked of complaceny in the writing. It wasn't as funny and lacked real drive, and more importantly (when it comes to the satire of politics) bite. This was Thick Of It Lite...

I'm inclined to agree. Was trying to separate the fact that it felt nastier and harder to watch from this ^^ but yeah, definitely hoping for the satire/bite of ep 2 to match series 1 and the specials.

He wrote a whiny article in the Guardian on the same subject.

"Of the many criticisms I have faced down the years, lacking a sense of humour has not been among them." Really, Alastair? Really?

Just read the Campbell article. Surely Iannucci read this and was thus inspired for the focus of Tucker's vitriol in ep 1:

"I was too bored to be offended.

I met Iannucci and Capaldi at last year's Channel 4 political awards, when we were collecting prizes, them for The Thick of It, me for The Blair Years. I seem to remember Capaldi had sound views on state schools, always a nice surprise in London media circles." :D

First mention of 'you're declining into a change of government'.......:D

'I wouldn't piss on you if you were allergic to piss darling'.....:cool:

And the sheer nastyness of 'you still sleeping in the car?' Bahaha.

Anyone see Points of View on Sunday?

There were lots of complaints about the "unecessary" foul language :D

"It would have been much funnier without so much swearing" they all said!

Back
Top Bottom