Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

I never really saw the point in Jamie. He was funny, but he was just another Malcolm Tucker wasn't he?

I never really saw the point in Jamie. He was funny, but he was just another Malcolm Tucker wasn't he?

Twas the interplay between them that I loved.

I particularly remember the scene when Julius was chairing a meeting and Jamie sat just to the side but slightly back and did obscene gestures with his pen and Malcolm passed him a note :D 'Would you take this note and shove it up his hairy inbox ?':D

At the time I had broken my ribs and it was agony to laugh but I just could not help myself, and every time I thought about it I was in severe pain :D

Twas the interplay between them that I loved.

... and the fact that he was something that you previously thought unimaginable - even worse than Malcolm. There's a great extras scene on the DVD in which he threatens a civil servant: "I'll rip off your fucking head and shit down your neck and then I'll stick your head back on and fucking shit on that too".

Also Malcolm's comment last night "I think we should adopt a carrot and stick approach: get a carrot and stick it up their arse and then stick the stick up there and then a rougher carrot". :D

The one thing I like more than Malcolm's swearing is his meaningful silences. I can see why women fancy Peter Capaldi.

Another mention for the coming change of government as well - and Mannion :D I hope he shows up next week.

Tucker hitting Glen is him showing how edgy he is.

The one thing I like more than Malcolm's swearing is his meaningful silences. I can see why women fancy Peter Capaldi.

With a gun held to my head, I might chose Malcolm as my man-fuck. :)

I keep seeing the swine flu leaflet everywhere, and the bloke on it has a very Tuckerish look to him;

swine_flu_leaflet__DoH.jpg

Another mention for the coming change of government as well - and Mannion :D I hope he shows up next week.

Tucker hitting Glen is him showing how edgy he is.

Peter Mannion is my guilty pleasure :D

Talking of Malcolm's silences - the way he slowly turned and stared at Robin in the previous episode was just pure ecstasy :cool:

I think Malcolm's approaching total meltdown so the punch makes sense - what price him suffering a nervous breakdown, a heart attack or a stroke in the final episode?
that's what the missus said. i just find it difficult to imagine someone so furiously brilliant with his tongue resorting to violence like that. but the pressure is certainly bulding :D

Desperately hoping Julius 'eat the cheese' Nicholson turns up if we're to have no Jamie.

The Scrubs reference above. Noticed both shows are very very good at bringing through minor characters

OK, I've seen two episodes now, and I'm not very impressed. This one was pretty poor. I saw the data loss one and was less than whelmed. This one was even less whelming. I don't think I need to see any more now.

OK, I've seen two episodes now, and I'm not very impressed. This one was pretty poor. I saw the data loss one and was less than whelmed. This one was even less whelming. I don't think I need to see any more now.

Tsk. You can't please some fuckers eh? Just out of interest Danny, what are your top two comedies, just so I know what yardstick you're comparing this to?

You cant be real.

That last one was the funniest fucking thing ive seen since the first series of flight of the conchords...

Tsk. You can't please some fuckers eh? Just out of interest Danny, what are your top two comedies, just so I know what yardstick you're comparing this to?
Historically, Father Ted and currently, Outnumbered.

I missed Thick Of It until now. I'm quite prepared to believe that previous series were better, or that you have to get to know the characters. But based on the two episodes I've seen, it is over rated, and probably gets the lionisation it gets because of Iannucci's track record.

Historically, Father Ted and currently, Outnumbered.

I missed Thick Of It until now. I'm quite prepared to believe that previous series were better, or that you have to get to know the characters. But based on the two episodes I've seen, it is over rated, and probably gets the lionisation it gets because of Iannucci's track record.

ive no idea who iannucci is tbh... and i piss myself watchin it, so there goes your theory :p

Tucker's spleen has been fantastic.

"Oh, you sent Ollie? He's a fucking scarf of a man! A knitted hat!"

"Listen Richard Stilgoe, you jazzy twat"

Back
Top Bottom