Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

The first in the series is the set up init*, new minister bedded in, new dynamics, etc. The political satire presumably follows. At least we hope it does.

* what did Tucker say about dotting i's and crossing t's?

The first in the series is the set up init*, new minister bedded in, new dynamics, etc. The political satire presumably follows. At least we hope it does.

* what did Tucker say about dotting i's and crossing t's?

It didn't do that with the first series, they just got on with it. This feels a bit arty like there's a story arc being laid out that will unfold over the eight episodes. Imo that doesn't work for this show, it's beauty it the episodic way things pan out, with real drive and bite in each episode rather than having to watch multiple ones to get the same effect.

it needed an 'introductions' episode tho. Ollie & the boring one whose name I've forgotten were political appointee's of Abbott's, so shouldn't really be kept on. An episode to show just why they have been was kind of essential.

it needed an 'introductions' episode tho. Ollie & the boring one whose name I've forgotten were political appointee's of Abbott's, so shouldn't really be kept on. An episode to show just why they have been was kind of essential.

I don't think it did, again it did all that in a few minutes at the beginning of s1, where if you remember it starts with the former minister being asked to resign.

I don't think it did, again it did all that in a few minutes at the beginning of s1, where if you remember it starts with the former minister being asked to resign.

y memory is failing clearly, but he brought ollie and the other one in didn't he?

the boring one whose name I've forgotten

Glenn. In Ollie's words, he's like a skirting board. :D

She was in the outtakes on the red button after talking to Teri in a park, but Robyn wasn't in the main show. Is she coming back? Also are we getting more Jamie to match Malcolm's torrential downpore of expletives?

no it is on normal too, but its only listed under the A-Z section, not the day by day.

Fucking stupid BBC, took us till yesterday to work that out

No - I checked that as well

Will check again tonight in case they've only just put it on there

mmm, peculiar indeed - it showed up beneath the two Specials that were shown on bbc4, even tho the HD was above them, if tha tmakes sense

Downloaded and watched the first one again last night. It was very clear that Ollie & Glen came with Abbott, whereas wotsername was a departmental worker. So we do need to know why they are still there, because they shouldn’t be really.

Still, hoping it really gets down to the really dark and dirty this week.

Downloaded and watched the first one again last night. It was very clear that Ollie & Glen came with Abbott, whereas wotsername was a departmental worker. So we do need to know why they are still there, because they shouldn’t be really.

Still, hoping it really gets down to the really dark and dirty this week.

Yep but you don't need a whole episode dealing with that. Just a throw away line then you move on.

no, you need more than that, not a whole episode maybe (tho it is an epidoes worth - 'can i make her keep me on, and get rid of glan at the same time...') but certainly more than a line or two. They shouldn't be there. I think it would have created an incongruity if it hadn't had mroe explanation. She really should bring her own people in, someone she knows damn well she can rely on, who is loyal to her.

no, you need more than that, not a whole episode maybe (tho it is an epidoes worth - 'can i make her keep me on, and get rid of glan at the same time...') but certainly more than a line or two. They shouldn't be there. I think it would have created an incongruity if it hadn't had mroe explanation. She really should bring her own people in, someone she knows damn well she can rely on, who is loyal to her.

Glenn Cullen will be staying. Malcolm set that one up with his little "report back to me" bit at the end..

The other point is that she isn't high enough up the pecking order to have any spads...

true, i suppose there may have been hopes that Abbott would prove a good minister worth promoting later on, whereas she is clearly a desperate last throw of the dice, shit there's no one else candidate (although every MP would have at least a researcher, especially if they were junior ministers, as she probably should have been to go into a cabinet post)

Back
Top Bottom