Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

Was it Malcolm that got Olly to tell the minister to move into the middle of the podium and get framed next to

"IAM
BENT"

?

I'm getting fed up with the Thick of It.

As the programme has gone on the Malcolm Tucker character has become more and more nasty and I don't think I can stand spending half hour in his company any more

I have to say that I love the Malcolm Tucker character. He makes the show for me.

I enjoyed last night's episode and welcome it back.

I have to say that I love the Malcolm Tucker character. He makes the show for me.

I enjoyed last night's episode and welcome it back.

Tucker's brilliant and makes the show what it is.

A lot of credit must go to Iannuci and the writing team - they seem to have invented a whole new genre of comedy based on foul-mouthed, but incredibly creative, insults.

Has anyone else done this?

happie chappie

it was fucking class, as expected. shame there's no langham, but they've made the show work without him... tucker is one of the great tv characters of the 21st century - a rigsby or basil fawlty for our age, imo.

it was fucking class, as expected. shame there's no langham, but they've made the show work without him... tucker is one of the great tv characters of the 21st century - a rigsby or basil fawlty for our age, imo.

agreed, and there's some interesting chemistry between him and the new minister. The people who prefer 'Yes Minister' are living in the old politics, this is as savage & ridiculous as the media circus really is.

did peter capaldi have much of a career before the thick of it? i've spotted him with the occasional crap bit part from older stuff, but nowt else.

he must've been so chuffed when malcolm turned up for him...

the episode on yesterday was the first time I've ever seen it, thought it was great.

I have to start watching Curb your Enthusiasm as well :oops:

I liked Olly's one about Glen being like skirting board. Something about always being there but not knowing what it's for.

This was my favourite line too. Malcolm seemed relatively calm last night, I'm sure resting in order to release a full blitzkreig in the coming weeks.

I remember an interview Kirsty Wade did with Alistair Campbell around the time In The Loop came out and she tried like hell to get him to acknowledge Tucker was based on him - Campbell just would not have it. She was incredulous.

It's just so totally Campbell. The man's a screaming dead fuck.

I remember an interview Kirsty Wade did with Alistair Campbell around the time In The Loop came out and she tried like hell to get him to acknowledge Tucker was based on him - Campbell just would not have it. She was incredulous.

It's just so totally Campbell. The man's a screaming dead fuck.

He wrote a whiny article in the Guardian on the same subject.

"Of the many criticisms I have faced down the years, lacking a sense of humour has not been among them." Really, Alastair? Really?

I haven't seen it so my opinion counts for naught but I can't imagine it without Langham. I thought the two-part special was relatively weak without him. Non-stop swearathon with no soft underbelly, world-weariness or ineptitude doesn't really work for me. Malcolm's best in small doses.

Anyway. I haven't seen it.

seemed to be a nastier edge to it tho, which is all to the good :D
Definitely. Harder to watch, but better because of it. The S1 episodes were best when it looked like Tucker was losing his grip on power a bit.
There were signposts for his impending fall all through this first S2 episode. It's gonna get shakespearean... Tucker as Lear and Macbeth rolled into one.

I haven't seen it so my opinion counts for naught but I can't imagine it without Langham. I thought the two-part special was relatively weak without him. Non-stop swearathon with no soft underbelly, world-weariness or ineptitude doesn't really work for me. Malcolm's best in small doses.
he has a new foil. it's different, and will take some getting used to. but it's still brilliant...

I watched it and liked it but I wonder if the whole thing is getting just a tad formulatic ?

Actually I dont wonder because it is.

Still amusing to watch and I have always found swearing to be both big and clever when it comes to making me laughing but I do wonder if the BBC could be investing in something a little more risk taking.

He wrote a whiny article in the Guardian on the same subject.

"Of the many criticisms I have faced down the years, lacking a sense of humour has not been among them." Really, Alastair? Really?
It confirms what an appalling cunt he is. Just leaves you in despair really . . . absolutely no deomcratic accountability and no personal accountability either.

The bloke doesn't have issues, he has entire rotating planetary systems of them.

no it is on normal too, but its only listed under the A-Z section, not the day by day.

Fucking stupid BBC, took us till yesterday to work that out

I watched it and liked it but I wonder if the whole thing is getting just a tad formulatic ?

Actually I dont wonder because it is.

Still amusing to watch and I have always found swearing to be both big and clever when it comes to making me laughing but I do wonder if the BBC could be investing in something a little more risk taking.

I wasn't that impressed by it, hope it gets better because the first episode smacked of complaceny in the writing. It wasn't as funny and lacked real drive, and more importantly (when it comes to the satire of politics) bite. This was Thick Of It Lite...

Back
Top Bottom