Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Oscars

2058.jpg
I guess I should know who he is stood next to...?

An Irish Goodvye....delighted it won an oscar.
It's a great short film.
Happy birthday to James Martin.

Pity about The Banshees
An Irish Goodbye is available on the BBC iPlayer.
A heart warming delightful story - could have been a full feature length film...

Speaking of Sky interviews Jamie Lee Curtis had one and then made a weird expression as she left (which the camera just about caught).

I wondered at that expression until I saw her speech.

I think the expression was "I just lied my ass off to that woman".

She said she didn't have a speech planned or practiced. Just happy to be there etc.

She wanted to win. That emotional speech was real emotion but also fully prepped and ready to go if needed.

Jeeez. How selfish and inconsiderate can you be? Why sit wearing that and block everyone behind you the view. Can see the guy behind her having trouble

image-2023-03-13-114741710.png

Legend also has it that man cricked his neck so far he ended up watching Oscars taking place in a different dimension where all the results were the same except for best animation. He's convinced Puss in boots won and no one can convince him otherwise.

I lasted about half an hour of that Everything, everywhere thing. It was terrible.

i'll try again though. Tar was clearly the best film in years so no idea how they fucked their awards campaign so badly if they're beaten by that rubbish.

I lasted about half an hour of that Everything, everywhere thing. It was terrible.

i'll try again though. Tar was clearly the best film in years so no idea how they fucked their awards campaign so badly if they're beaten by that rubbish.
How do you know it's rubbish if you only watched half an hour?

EEAAA started off with some nice ideas but I was bored by the end. Too much relentless action for my tastes. And it didn't actually make a whole lot of sense. I can imagine whichever physicist they had as a consultant getting rather frustrated, and I felt like I'd been a bit misled by the end because it's not really about a multiverse at all.

I really liked its depiction of Chinese culture and manners. That was probably the strongest aspect of it. The Sci-Fi wasn't Sci enough for me.

So many wrong opinions on Everything Everywhere All At Once. Have never identified with these characters and ideas so much before. Even more relatable than Peanuts/Charlie Brown

I didn’t see Tar, but in my mind it sounds like fun.

Starts off as plodding thriller involving an escalating number of missing persons until the revelation that Eco-road surface experiments have gone horribly wrong and people are being swallowed up by the newly-sentient tarmac, at which point it becomes gore-core monster schlock.

The road dies at the end due to cuts in local Government maintenance funding. :(

Last edited:
Physicists lol
Yeah. They will have had scientific consultants. A lot of films do. It is satisfying when a sci-fi film takes the science seriously. Interstellar, for instance, gets its relativity more or less right due to the involvement of physicist Kip Thorne.

Back
Top Bottom