Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The opening ceremony (the only good bit of the whole thing, in theory, although reality has not quite lived up to that billing)

Silas Loom

Advanced. Forthright. Signifficant.
Tomorrow. It’s all taking place on the Seine as athletes float past in barges, while mad stuff happens on bridges and in mid-air. I hope they’ve focused on making it as spectacular as possible for telly, as Danny Boyle did.

Anyway, quite looking forward to it.

never seen the point of them, though I admit I watched the London opening ceremony a few weeks after the Olympics as I was camping in the lakes the first weekend of 2012 Olympics

I find these sort of shows unbearable, like the Spring Festival telly gala here, even when spectacular just seems a tedious mishmash. Scale for scale's sake too. Bah humbug, but fill your boots if it's your thing.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the London one, which didn't take itself too seriously. Will Paris send itself up at all?

Team sports are degenerate and modern. They have no place in the Olympics.

(Admittedly, I'm bored by all the non-team athletics, but in theory I support that sort of thing. If only I could keep my eyes open.)

Team sports are degenerate and modern. They have no place in the Olympics.

(Admittedly, I'm bored by all the non-team athletics, but in theory I support that sort of thing. If only I could keep my eyes open.)
I love watching the running events.

just be glad you were never asked to do a SC at a track meet “for the points”
Pfft.

I tried to get out of playing hockey once, and ended up having to do cross country "for the points".

A lake. I had to jump into, and run through, a feckin lake. It was February.

Back
Top Bottom