Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Olympics photography thread

Love me a bit of Wendy!

The Team GB photos are slightly biased towards the cycle squad! Do you s'pose anyone has noticed? :hmm:

Christine racing toward Gold.

Christine Ohuruogu celebrates her win in the Olympic 400m final

Lisa Dobriskey qualifying for the 1,500m final. She went on to finish fourth.

Germaine Mason equalled his personal best of 2.34 metres to win silver in the high jump. Totally unexpected and utterly wonderful.

Britain's Goldie Sayers landed a British record to finish fourth in the javelin

Love me a bit of Wendy!

The Team GB photos are slightly biased towards the cycle squad! Do you s'pose anyone has noticed? :hmm:

Aye our Wendy's got that classic semi-posh Mid Ulster accent. She seems to come from a well-to-do background but she just can't shake off the hick farmer twang. I likes it. She's my favourite dentist.

Doubt if anyone noticed the bias toward cycling; they probably just thought you were covering the medal WINNERS:D
Anyway who wants to see a bunch of failed British track and field showponys?

Team GB Not so great at relays :(

The women's 4x100m relay team also miss out on a medal when they fail to pass the baton between the second and third legs

Jamaica's Kerron Stewart, right, and Sherone Simpson, second right, comfort each other as Britain's Emily Freeman, left, and
Montell Douglas leave the track after they failed to relay their batons during the women's 4x100-meter relay

I was thinking to myself she's a bit of a loner - perhaps a bit strange - and there's no way she has a boyfriend at the moment. I did a quick search and this came up, it's quite interesting:

Rebecca Romero, 28, is bidding to become the first British athlete to compete in the Olympic Games in two different sports. Having already won silver in Athens for rowing, she is aiming for a cycling medal in Beijing this summer. Rebecca lives alone in Manchester. She spoke to Mark Anstead

How did your childhood experience influence your attitude to money?

I was brought up in Wallington in Surrey by my mother, a single parent on benefits. My parents divorced when I was six years old so I had to learn to make do without some of the things my friends had.

What made it worse was that I went to a grammar school, so many of my friends had well-off parents and lived in big houses, whereas I lived in a small council house.

Mum spent wisely, fed us well and took part-time jobs so she could pay for me and my sister to do various activities such as learning the violin and piano or going to dance and drama clubs. We learned that these were the valuable things in life, not going out and spending money frivolously.

From here.

"my mother, a single parent on benefits" :mad: :hmm:

Marlon Devonish wearing the number 1797 about to hand over to Craig Pickering during the men's 4x100m Relay Heats Round 1

Where is the baaaaaaaton? Ooops.

Jacques Riparelli (L) of Italy, Sittichai Suwonprateep (2nd L) of Thailand, Asafa Powell (C) of Jamaica and Craig Pickering sprint towards the finish line during their men's 4 x 100m relay heat.
BUT Craig Pickering has set off too early = DQ. Not had a good games .

Long distance- success and disappointments.

Mara Yamauchi coming 6th in the women's Marathon at the National Stadium

Liz Yelling (left) came 25th in the marathon. She is bruised but unbowed after a fall. She broke a rib but still finished.
She comforts Paula Radcliffe who came 23rd.

Jo Pavey (right) finished 12 in the 10,000m

GD8510035@Matthias-Steiner-of-G-814.jpg

Matthias Steiner of Germany holds a photo of his late wife Susann as he poses with his gold medal in the men's +105kg weightlifting competition

Ah man.
I'd read about this but not seen a picture.

My eyes have gone all prickly now you git!

It's such a lovely smile, init.

Anyway, from the sublime to . . . . the Croatian:

GD8378948@Ratko-Rudic-(L)-coach-740.jpg

It's those cutesy 'taches that do it for me (Hey, I masculine!).

And a reminder of what, thank GOD!, we havent had to try and cope with at these Olympics:

GD8332437@epa01439723-Spectator-5387.jpg

Mid and long distance disappointments

Mo Farah the British No1 (right) goes in the 5,000m semi final. He is running next to the eventual 5,000m and 10,000m champion, the awesome Kenenisa Bekele of Ethiopia.

Agony as Mo Farah comes sixth in his 5,000m heat - that's not good enough to reach the final.

(L-R) Andy Baddeley of Team GB and Rashid Ramzi of Bahrain compete in the Men's 1500m Semi Final.
The British No1 was fifth at the bell but slipped back to ninth as Rashid Ramzi, of Bahrain, won in 3min 32.94sec.

Michael Rimmer in the 800m heats, he also failed to make the final, but he had been ill at the holding camp in Hong Kong just days before.

20 year old Daniel Awde- Decathlon

(L-R) Carlos Chinin of Brazil, Daniel Awde of Great Britain and Yordani Garcia of Cuba compete in the Men's Decathlon 100m

Michael Schrader of Germany (L) clears a hurdle beside Daniel Awde of Britain during their 110m hurdles heat of the men's decathlon

Champion Bryan Clay (L) of the United States is congratulated by Daniel Awde after the 1500m event in the Men's Decathlon. Daniel came 21st, not bad for a 20 yr old.

(L-R) Bridgitte Foster-Hylton of Jamaica and Sarah Claxton of Great Britain compete in the Women's 100m Hurdles Semi Final

The inspiring Michaela Breeze- competing in the women's 63kg Group B clean and jerk

Michaela Breeze: "It's the Olympic Games, pain's irrelevant"

Sarah Stevenson on her way to the taekwondo semi final

Match winner Britain's Sarah Stevenson, right, kicks Egypt's Noha Abd Rabo during a bronze medal match for the women's taekwondo +67 kilogram class

Sarah Stevenson battles more than her taekwondo opponent to win bronze

Sarah Stevenson of Great Britain (red) kicks Zhong Chen of China (blue) in the Women's +67kg Quarterfinals

BOOM HEADSHOT! Sarah Stevenson kicks Zhong Chen of China smack in the head

The head shot doesnt score and the Chinese athlete is declared the winner.

Gutted

A protest is launch, video footage presented. Judges overturn the decision for the 'robbed' taekwondo fighter, but she gets just 40 minutes to rest while all this happens. Sarah then loses to Espinosa of Mexico. But Sarah wins bronze.

c3d168d352c96661afa9e9czp9.jpg
:cool:
shout when box empty please

sothertongall1508re7910ze0.jpg

fuck :eek::cool:

Should have link in photography, graphics & art only found by luck

Aaron Cook reacts after defeat in the Men's Taekwondo 80kg semi-final fight against Mauro Sarmiento of Italy
White Power Ranger said no :(

-----
Hey DLX1

You talking to me or L_C? Box space has been newly cleared ;)

Feel fee to put a link in up Photography, Im sure L_C wont mind :)

Tony Jeffries celebrates his victory over Hungary's Imre Szello

Tony Jeffries of Great Britain (red) fights Kenny Egan of Ireland (blue) in the Men's Light Heavy (81kg) Semifinal. Egan won the bout

Welter 69kg Carlos Banteaux Suarez v/s Billy Joe Saunders (Right)

David Price celebrates going through to the super-heavyweight semi-finals after his opponent, the Lithuanian Jaroslav Jaksto, was forced to withdraw through injury

James Degale- Olympic Gold Medalist

British boxer James DeGale defeats Irish nemesis to breeze into middleweight final

James DeGale is one win away from becoming the first Briton since 1968 to win an Olympic middleweight gold medal.

Degale defeats Emilio Correa Bayeaux of Cuba. ‘If they pay me some decent money so I can get some garms, I’ll be there for 2012!’

"If I win, I might just bus' a little tear!"

James Degale, Olympic Champion!

Tom Daley

Blake Aldridge and Tom Daley after their eighth-place finish at the Water Cube.

Tom Daley finishing a creditable 8th in his first ever individual Olympic final.
Heck of a summer holiday :D

Back
Top Bottom