Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Olympics photography thread

Melinda..where's my pic of Victoria Pendleton on the podium??

(I had a little argument with Minnie in the pub tonight when she changed channels just as they were about to show VP getting her medal - I didn't catch the ceremony in real time. Minnie was searching vainly for rhythmic gymnastics)

A jubilant Victoria Pendleton celebrates after winning the women's sprint final

Plus a link to a lovely post medal ceremony interview with Pendleton, sourced especially for you. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1529569285/bctid1740029596

I found this photo too (its non Olympic- so L_C please avert your eyes). It was the accompanying comment which amused me!
“I am pleased to see that Victoria has now given us right wingers a treat by featuring in Saturday’s Daily Telegraph.
During a wide ranging interview with Chris Harvey she again reveals her feminine side. There is also, predictably, an attractive photo of the svelte sprinter”

Are you being funny :mad::p

I've seen NOTHING. I left the video on BBC1 this morning when I left the house. The video went for near enough 12 hours and there's no sodding rhythmic gymnastics on it. Where the fuck are they showing it. Same shit every Olympics :mad:

It's been on the bbc interactive channel which i don't think you can tape.

Just for you Twisted

6454860c1c5587621338cb8af3d5118e-getty-oly-2008-cycling-gbr-podium.jpg

Why did the US runners all have USA seemingly written in Biro on their bibs, where as everyone else's bibs were clearly printed?

Team GB on the water!

Ben Ainslie wins gold for the third consecutive Games after winning the Finn medal race at the sailing regatta

Sarah Ayton, Sarah Webb and Pippa Wilson win gold in the Yngling class

Paul Goodison of Great Britain celebrates overall victory in the Laser class.

Joe Glanfield and Nick Rogers celebrate silver in the 470 class.

David Florence on his way to a silver medal.

GB's men's eight crew settle for silver behind Canada

Ben Ainslie- gold medalist, Finn dinghy class celebrating Iain Percy and Andrew Simpson, after they won Gold in the Star class.
Second from left is British windsurfer Bryony Shaw who won the silver medal in the RS:X competition.

Annie Vernon, Debbie Flood, Frances Houghton and Katherine Grainger in agony over their silver, after being beaten into second place by China in the women’s coxless fours

Golden glory: Dr Tim Brabants Britain's first ever Olympic title in canoeing. He also won bronze in the 500m.

Mark Hunter and Zac Purchase celebrate victory in the lightweight men's double sculls

Why did the US runners all have USA seemingly written in Biro on their bibs, where as everyone else's bibs were clearly printed?
I saw that and it took me back to some point in the 80s when the whole USA relay team turned up two hours late for their race. Turned out none of them had heard of the 24 hour clock let alone understand it. This is at the Olympics.

Team GB in the Water

Rebecca Adlington wins Britain's first Olympic women's swimming gold since 1960 with victory in the 400m freestyle

Gold medallist Rebecca Adlington wins another! Joanne Jackson her best friend wins bronze.

Rebecca Adlington (Right) won gold and Joanne Jackson the bronze in the womans 400m freestyle final

Trauma in the water!

The 10k open water race is a two-hour long endurance event. Britain’s David Davies delirious through exhaustion.

Unconscious on the dockside ...

...and having to be carried to an ambulance to be revived.

He missed out on gold after being beaten by just 1.5 seconds.

The 10k open water race is a two-hour long endurance event. Britain’s David Davies delirious through exhaustion.

Unconscious on the dockside ...

...and having to be carried to an ambulance to be revived.

He missed out on gold after being beaten by just 1.5 seconds.

None of him throwing a strop and throwing his water at Chinese woman? :D

More Team GB in the water

Cassie Patten and Kerri-Ann Payne, Silver and bronze in the 10km open swim after leading for almost the entire race.

Great Britain team members during the medal ceremony for Rebecca Adlington and Joanne Jackson.

Blake Aldridge and Tom Dailey diving their way to eighth.

Thomas Dailey and Blake Aldridge execute tucks on the third day of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing

Great Britain swimming team members out in force during the final events on the 7th day of the Olympic Games

Women's Road Race Success

Competitors in the woman's road race event passing through Tiananmen Square in Beijing

Nicole Cooke celebrates after her victory in the woman's road race

Nicole cooke of Britain kisses her gold medal after winning the woman's road race in Beijing

Emma Pooley, right, with her silver medal, alongside road race champion Nicole Cooke.

Just for Twisted.

Mike Ingham of Great Britain's cycling team does some work on Vickie Pendelton's bike

Vickie Pendelton training hard in the Laoshan Veldrome in Beijing

Great Britain cyclying team's Vickie Pendelton takes a break in while training in Beijing

Vickie Pendelton after comleting training at the Laoshan Velodrome in Beijing

Victoria Pendleton winning the pursuit gold

Back
Top Bottom