Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Olympics photography thread

Not had a good Games :(

Canada's Mark Oldershaw, right, is assisted by rescue personnel after his canoe single C1 500M men's semifinal race

China's Liu Wei, left and Yao Ming of the NBA's Houston Rockets react to their men's quarterfinal basketball game against Lithuania

China's Liu Xiang kneels down while warming up prior to the first round competition of men's 110m hurdles

Hungary's Attila Sandor Vajda reacts aftert winning his Canoe single 500m men's semifinal

Lukasz Pawlowski, Bartlomiej Pawelczak, Milosz Bernatajtys and Pawel Randa of Poland celebrate their silver medal in the men's fours

Brazil's Marcio Araujo celebrates after a semifinal beach volleyball match at the Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground

Chinese windsurfer Yin Jian kisses the gold medal of the RS-X Women sailing class competition

Chinese windsurfer Yin Jian kisses the gold medal of the RS-X Women sailing class competition[/QUOTE]

What are you doing to me! That has got me welling up again. Surely I must be due on soon :hmm:

A little boy with the Olympic rings shaved into the back of his head visits the Forbidden City in downtown Beijing.

Plainclothes security officers detain Associated Press photographer Ng Han Guan, center, after pro-Tibet protesters held a demonstration opposite the National Stadium,
where Olympic athletics competition had just finished, early Thursday July 21, 2008 in Beijing. Swarms of plainclothes police took away four foreign activists protesting Chinese rule over Tibet
-
the latest in a series of such demonstrations during the Olympics. Ng, and one other AP photographer were roughed up by the security off

79-year-old mother, Wu Dianyuan, center, and her neighbor Wang Xiuying, 77, wait to apply for a protest permit outside a public security bureau as a Chinese police officer ask them to move on in Beijing, China, Monday, Aug. 18, 2008.
Chinese authorities have ordered the two elderly women to spend one year in a labor camp after they applied to hold a protest during the Beijing Olympics against being forced from their homes, a relative said Wednesday. (report from P&P thread) Story from ESPN

Japanese synchronized swimming team compete during the team event technical routine.

Japanese synchronized swimming team perform during the team event technical routine

Canadian synchronized swimming team compete during the team event technical routine.

Anastasia Davydova and Anastasia Ermakova of Russia warm up before performance in the final of the duet free routine.

Andrea Nott and Christina Jones of the United States compete in the final of the duet free routine

Athletes compete during 110m hurdles competition of men's decathlon

China's Qi Haifeng competes during pole vault competition of men's decathlon

Athletes compete during men's 50km walk final

Shelly-Ann Fraser(L) of Jamaica celebrates after winning the women's 100m final

The Matrix!

More long exposures!

Emilie Heymans of Canada competes during the women's 10m platform final

Tatiana Ortiz of Mexico competes during the women's 10m platform final

Elina Eggers of Sweden competes during the women's 10m platform final

Athletes compete in men's 10000m final

Defending champion Ethiopia's Kenenisa Bekele retained his Olympic 10,000m title

Bad day at the office :-D

Torri Edwards (L2) reacts as her teammate Lauryn Williams (L1) lost the baton during the women's 4x100m relay first round

Tyson Gay (L) of the United States lost the baton during the men's 4 x 100m relay first round

Usain Bolt celebrates his golden Olympics

Bolt's signature move!

WR Relay: Usain Bolt shouts encouragement to Asafa Powell at the final baton change

Asafa Powell of Jamaica celebrates victory as he crosses the line. He finally gets his taste of gold :)

You know, I *knew* you'd like them :D

Did you see much of the competition??! I saw some of the pairs, but none of the team event.

Are you being funny :mad::p

I've seen NOTHING. I left the video on BBC1 this morning when I left the house. The video went for near enough 12 hours and there's no sodding rhythmic gymnastics on it. Where the fuck are they showing it. Same shit every Olympics :mad:

Melinda..where's my pic of Victoria Pendleton on the podium??

(I had a little argument with Minnie in the pub tonight when she changed channels just as they were about to show VP getting her medal - I didn't catch the ceremony in real time. Minnie was searching vainly for rhythmic gymnastics)

1245850.jpg

Contrast:

GD8510035@Matthias-Steiner-of-G-814.jpg

Matthias Steiner of Germany holds a photo of his late wife Susann as he poses with his gold medal in the men's +105kg weightlifting competition

GD8517230@epa01461390-Alex-Schw-3948.jpg

Alex Schwazer of Italy celebrates as he wins gold in the men's 50km walk

That Matthias Steiner one should also be on the moved to tears thread :) Its beautiful.

There is such peace in it as well as joy.

Back
Top Bottom