Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Olympics photography thread

This is a fun thread celebrating the photography of the events of the Olympics. I imagine posters are aware of the politics behind this year's Olympics, but I don't think it's appropriate to be ramming it in their faces in the thread about sporting achievement.

Posters are at absolute liberty to start a new thread discussing the politics around the Olympics and post up as many logos, pictures and damning slogans as they like.

I think its important to let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, rather than tell them what they should or shouldn't enjoy. And personally,i ain't gonna let some ignorant persistent pointless spammer like jessie tell me what to think.

Whatever you may think of it, it's not ignorant nor is it spam. In fact it is rich coming from a poster who is effectively going 'nah nah nah I'm not listening' to criticise someone as being ignorant

This is a fun thread celebrating the photography of the events of the Olympics.

Posters are at absolute liberty to start a new thread discussing the politics around the Olympics and post up as many logos, pictures and damning slogans as they like.

I can't believe I'm reading this - what a disgusting spectacle :rolleyes:

You could start a thread discussing politics in an Olympic context, or Chinese politics - don't know what the powers would say but I'd say it was as relevant in this forum as a photography thread about the Olympics.

I'm not a fan of hijacking threads to make a personal point though, especially when they're threads I started - bit less piety, perhaps a little more courtesy . . .

Totally agree (for once ;)). I spent 3 months in China last year and was staggered to see how repressive the place was. At the time I was worried that the Olympics would provide a good sheen for China's regime and maybe it has, time will only tell, but there's also a good chance that it will prove to have backfired what with the gymnastics scandal, the little girl being subbed, and the realities of the massive costs.

These are all areas worth discussing. But if you want to discuss them then start your own thread, hell start as many threads as you think we need to cover the relevant topics. Jessiedog's current attitude is obnoxious and arrogant. It has fuck all to do with starting a debate or making a point and everything to do with pathetic disruptive attention seeking, a troll basically

I don't agree - I thank Jessidog for his/her input and for making me look at the Olympics with a fresh pair of eyes. There really is no sitting on the fence with this issue - if you don't want to know about the dark side of the Olympics, you're effectively condoning a viciously repressive regime.

Whatever you may think of it, it's not ignorant nor is it spam. In fact it is rich coming from a poster who is effectively going 'nah nah nah I'm not listening' to criticise someone as being ignorant

The fact is i've heard it all before,and don't need to be told it. I would rather just enjoy the games, which i did. I just see jessie as an ignorant spammer, trying to ruin every thread, and i will now always look at him as a spammer due to the way he has acted.

I think by now the point's been made, at length, not only in its own threads but in other people's threads, several times. If it was a thread about how the Olympics were so brilliant and positive and such an amazing display of positive human nature, fair enough. Just any damn thread about the Olympics, not really IMO. Oh, and certainly pretty much everyone posting on this thread will have seen previous similar contributions on other similar threads.

I hadn't - I got to this party a little late, admittedly.
I think threads like this need balance and people should be welcome to post whatever they consider relevant, no matter how unpalatable it is to other posters

The fact is i've heard it all before,and don't need to be told it. I would rather just enjoy the games, which i did. I just see jessie as an ignorant spammer, trying to ruin every thread, and i will now always look at him as a spammer due to the way he has acted.

What he said. I don't see that my disapproval for the Chinese government's policies and legitimate concerns about doping and the age of gymnasts etc etc should mean that I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the magnificent achievements of the athletes at the games.

What he said. I don't see that my disapproval for the Chinese government's policies and legitimate concerns about doping and the age of gymnasts etc etc should mean that I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the magnificent achievements of the athletes at the games.
I enjoyed that side of things too, but I think you still have to acknowledge the stuff Jessiedog has been posting.
I can't help feeling a little sullied for enjoying them, but that doesn't mean I'm going say that I didn't

I don't agree - I thank Jessidog for his/her input and for making me look at the Olympics with a fresh pair of eyes. There really is no sitting on the fence with this issue - if you don't want to know about the dark side of the Olympics, you're effectively condoning a viciously repressive regime.

That sort of logic is the kind of bullshit that Bush and his mates engage in. Self-serving, reductive polarising nonsense: "You're either with us or against us" etc...

I enjoyed that side of things too, but I think you still have to acknowledge the stuff Jessiedog has been posting.

Posting on loads of other people's damn threads, at length, even after polite and not so polite and very direct requests to stop, by real people and also more than one mod.

Posting on loads of other people's damn threads, at length, even after polite and not so polite and very direct requests to stop, by real people and also more than one mod.

editor and FM today:
r234961_944274.jpg

It was the poster (or those posters,) that pressed the "report post" button that (have) disrupted this thread.

If that had not happened, my 8 images in two posts would have passed without this fuss and been enjoyed by many.

None were not safe for work!

:(

Woof

Back
Top Bottom