Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Olympics photography thread

Which Brits have have been missed?!

Chris Newton of Britain celebrates after winning the bronze medal in the men's points race

Great Britain track cycling team members at practice

(L-R) Jason Kenny, Jamie Staff and Chris Hoy of the British cycling team win gold on the seventh day of the Olympic Games

For Minnie :)

China's team competes during the synchronised swimming team free routine final event

Spain's team competes during the synchronised swimming team free routine final event

A man swims to rescue Japan's Kobayashi Hiromi (C), helped by her teamates after she had hyperventilated during the synchronized swimming team free routine final event

Japan's Kobayashi Hiromi (R) is carried on a stretcher after she had hyperventilated during the synchronized swimming team free routine final event.
Kobayashi who blacked out, started sinking and had to be pulled to the surface by a teammate. A Japan team spokesperson said later she is recovering well.

More for Minnie!

Russia's synchronised swimming team perform on their way to winning gold during the final of the synchronised swimming team free routine

An member of the Russian team competes in the synchronised swimming free routine

Japan's team perfrom during the synchronised swimming team free routine final event

One of the last competitions to end- Mens and Womens basketball

Giantess Irina Osipova #15 of Russia against Anna Montanana #12 of Spain during day 1 of the women's quarter-finals basketball game

Irina Osipova #15 of Russia looks to shoot against China during the women's bronze medal basketball game

Amazonian Australians play the US in the basketball final.

The victorious American team celebrate

Katie Smith, Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi and Kara Lawson celebrate after winning the gold medal against Australia during the women's basketball gold medal game

USA's Kobe Bryant smiles during the men's semi-final basketball match Argentina

Marc Gasol #13 of Spain and Tayshaun Prince #14 of the United States go to the basket in the gold medal gam

USA's Kobe Bryant, right, goes to the basket as Spain's Rudy Fernandez defends

USA's Dwight Howard, right, embraces Kobe Bryant as they celebrate after beating Spain 118-107. Kobe had a 20 point game.

USA's Kobe Bryant (10) leaps on top of teammates as they celebrate after beating Spain 118-107 in the men's gold medal basketball game

Usain cuts loose! :D

Usain Bolt of Jamaica introduces his father, Wellesley

Usain Bolt of Jamaica introduces his mother, Jennifer

Usain Bolt of Jamaica poses for photos with Miss World, Zhang Zilin. Bolt donated US dollars 50,000 to the Red Cross Society of China

Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt (L) dances with his Olympic teammate Asafa Powell during a party organised by a sports wear company to celebrate Bolt's birthday

The final event to be decided in the Birdsnest was the men's pole vault where Australia's Steve Hooker triumphs with an effort of 5.90m.

National flags carried into the Birdsnest Stadium for the Closing Ceremony.

View from the Birdsnest during the Closing Ceremony

Birdseye view of the Birdsnest

Boris!

Whooop! Whooop! The London Tableau!

Boris giving the hostess lovelies the glad eye!

London bus- N.2012 to Beijing!

London transformer bus

Leona, Beckham and Jimmy Page

Well done Jessiedog you've infected this celebratory thread with your hectoring, mean spirited, monotonous, disruptive bullshit too.

*awards gold medal for most tiresome, poisonous poster in the Olympics Forum to Jessiedog*

I enjoyed the Games mate :) No actually, I LOVED IT. :D

You on the other hand have spent many, many hours stamping your feet, hectoring, badgering, repeatedly posting the tiresome same shit over and over.

You've hated every moment and have taken a wrecking ball to every thread you have posted on, with the intention of spoiling other posters' enjoyment.

You've used belligerence and spoiling tactics on thread after thread in attempt to wreck the forum, and as fucking annoying as you were, you have failed.

I still had a cracking time :D

Any legitimate point you had on any number of issues was lost in the sheer volume of your monotonous, patronising histrionics.

See you in 2012 :D *waves!*

Ahem. While not a fan of the Chinese government or, for that matter, the Olympics, I do not believe that any of the images posted above actually constitute "Olympics photography". I am sure that there are far more appropriate threads for them.

I enjoyed the Games mate :) No actually, I LOVED IT. :D

You on the other hand have spent many, many hours stamping your feet, hectoring, badgering, repeatedly posting the tiresome same shit over and over.

On the contrary, I've enjoyed the games too.

And I've spent much less time posting than you. Most of my "games" time has been spent in research, not posting here.

Ra Ra Ra is all very well, but research will expose the dark underbelly.

I have to admit, tho', it's been fun and educational.

You've hated every moment and have taken a wrecking ball to every thread you have posted on, with the intention of spoiling other posters' enjoyment.

Please see above - it's been fun actually.

And I think you'll find that you've been infesting this whole forum far more than I have - with your blase, wet-panty, Ra Ra Ra.

You've used belligerence and spoiling tactics on thread after thread in attempt to wreck the forum, and as fucking annoying as you were, you have failed.

Hahahahahaha!

:D

With this kind of nonsense, you seem to have as good a grasp of reality as Beijing does in printing accurate D.O.B. details on their gymnasts newly produced passports.

I think you'll find that there are many, many threads in the olympic forum, I've only posted on about five of them. How many posts on how many threads have you made?

And you have tried to sweep under the carpet any kind of valid criticism.

To whit, in case you didn't bother to actually read it, I repeat.......

Jessiedog said:
The thing is, that the real scandal about the olympics in China is exactly this level of disengagement by ordinary people around the globe, this suspension of disbelief.

The willingness to subscribe to the idea that a corrupt, money grubbing, corporate-sponsored, drug-addled athletic event that deliberately aids and abets the suppression of millions of poor people, should be supported because it involves maybe 12,000 athletes who have worked hard.

The awarding of the games and the cheerleading thereof is, at best, an aquiescence towards the CCP in it's increasing suppression of freedoms in China and, worse, has given it a green light to continue with impunity.

And once the games are over, Melinda and yours and everyone elses attention has re-focussed on the next jamboree and you've all gone back to the rest of your lives .....

..... the MILLIONS of people dispossed of their homes with inadequate (say 10% of value) or NO compensation and the hundreds, maybe thousands rounded up before the games and gaoled by the police for three years - no court, no judge, no process, no nothing - for being SUSPECTED of, ummmmmm, well thinking or writing something and few if any of them advocating anything more than a bit more fairness and openness won't be going back to their normal lives.

And this was all done in the name of the olympics, specifically in order to "showcase" China's supposed maturity and the CCP's willingness to embrace a new era of freedoms in China.

IMO, the hypocrisy on the part of anyone that purports to support the basic freedoms that most of us take for granted and is then involved in any way with the cheering-on of this event, or those directly involved, is breathtaking.

I find it distasteful in the extreme that people are prepared to place the harsh subjugation of the freedoms of the people of China in secondary consideration to the glorification of a few thousand, hard working, athletes - and that's exactly what is happenning in reality.

On the ground, in reality, these games are responsible for creating a travesty of justice on an immense scale.

And no athletics contest can justify that.

:(

Woof

Ahem. While not a fan of the Chinese government or, for that matter, the Olympics, I do not believe that any of the images posted above actually constitute "Olympics photography". I am sure that there are far more appropriate threads for them.
Don't you think it's important for people to be reminded of these issues and not for them to have enjoyed the Olympics in a bubble without consideration of them?

FridgeMagnet.

Not again!

I can't beleive this.

Two posts of images in a 10 page thread and you're coming down on ME?

Frankly, if one person (or even a few,) are repetitively reporting my posts, I suggest you give them a warning to stop being stupid and bothering the mods or they will suffer the consequences. What they are doing is disruptive!

Whatever happened to dissent on Urban?

I am NOT being overly disruptive.

Fuck this!

:mad:

Woof

Don't you think it's important for people to be reminded of these issues and not for them to have enjoyed the Olympics in a bubble without consideration of them?

Exactly.

I have been selective and appropriate with my posts and have avoided spraying across every thread and stuck to a few.

Unlike some.

Woof

I think its important to let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, rather than tell them what they should or shouldn't enjoy. And personally,i ain't gonna let some ignorant persistent pointless spammer like jessie tell me what to think.

You could start a thread discussing politics in an Olympic context, or Chinese politics - don't know what the powers would say but I'd say it was as relevant in this forum as a photography thread about the Olympics.

I'm not a fan of hijacking threads to make a personal point though, especially when they're threads I started - bit less piety, perhaps a little more courtesy . . .

Back
Top Bottom