Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The next American Civil War

canada, but eh

multiply this by 1000x every single day, a constant drumbeat of threat and action of violence

The float in the parade, held in the town of Sundre on Saturday morning, consisted of a tractor pulling an individual in a fake beard dressed in a turban and a suit. On the side of the trailer, which was a manure spreader, was the message, "The Liberal."

canada, but eh

multiply this by 1000x every single day, a constant drumbeat of threat and action of violence

The float in the parade, held in the town of Sundre on Saturday morning, consisted of a tractor pulling an individual in a fake beard dressed in a turban and a suit. On the side of the trailer, which was a manure spreader, was the message, "The Liberal."

I saw that - I have friends in Sundre.

For those not clicking on the link, the float did not register and entered the parade from a side street.

If we do the math(s), at some point the murders by right wingers could become so frequent and bloody that they stop being just a series of actions by individuals and qualify as a war.

Bush declared war on terror in 2001 after 19 people staged 4 simultaneous attacks, killing 2996 and injuring about 25,000. At the time, al Qaeda considered that they'd been at war with the US since 1992.

What would it take for the President or the American public or Fox News to acknowledge that a civil war has started? Some of the right wing extremists think it started long ago.

If we do the math(s), at some point the murders by right wingers could become so frequent and bloody that they stop being just a series of actions by individuals and qualify as a war.

Bush declared war on terror in 2001 after 19 people staged 4 simultaneous attacks, killing 2996 and injuring about 25,000. At the time, al Qaeda considered that they'd been at war with the US since 1992.

What would it take for the President or the American public or Fox News to acknowledge that a civil war has started? Some of the right wing extremists think it started long ago.
this is really fucking ignorant and stupid.

either wars are declared, like the second world war for example, chamberlain issuing an ultimatum and when that wasn't acted on saying we're now in a state of war in germany: or wars are recognised as starting, like the american civil war with the bombardment of fort sumter. - an incident can start a war, like the attack on the twin towers, flight 93 and all that but al qaeda famously declared war on the united states in 1996. not 1992. they even issued a declaration of war. see eg Al-Qaeda Has Been at War With the United States for 20 Years people are of course at liberty to feel themselves in a state of war with another party. but that doesn't mean it really exists or even that they act like it exists - in the way that although the americans knew some two-bit jihadi had declared war on the usa they didn't really exercise themselves about it for some time after the fact

I don’t think any of it would currently qualify as a war tbh.

There doesn't seem to be a mastermind who could bring off a spectacular on the scale of 9/11. There's no central organisation to tie the attackers into a grand plan. If there were, I'm sure the FBI would know all about it. One would hope that no politicians would cooperate with it, but is that naive? Would Marjorie or Boebert or Gaetz or Trump go that far?

There doesn't seem to be a mastermind who could bring off a spectacular on the scale of 9/11. There's no central organisation to tie the attackers into a grand plan. If there were, I'm sure the FBI would know all about it. One would hope that no politicians would cooperate with it, but is that naive? Would Marjorie or Boebert or Gaetz or Trump go that far?
it's a truism that one should prefer to keep quiet and be thought an fool rather than pipe up and prove yourself one. and here you're proving yourself one beyond any measure of doubt. you don't need a mastermind to start a war, could easily - more easily - be someone like gavrilo princip rather than bin laden. where you need genius is in the mobilising of men, money and materiel. having a central organisation would mean everyone involved with conspiring for such a war would be a) easily identified and b) bloody stupid. if you know anything about the american right i'd have thought it might be david lane's 14 words and louis beam's notion of leaderless resistance. i would expect an american civil war to be irregular war rather than conventional, more like the war between the sunni and shi'a in iraq than the spanish civil war or american civil war, and fought at least as much through propaganda as on the streets and in the fields.

Last edited:
You also need a large number of armed and motivated supporters on both sides tbh and fragmentation in the state, different arms of government, regions etc to not recognise each others authority etc. Having 'state national guards' and federal troops being under entirely different chains of command, without even mentioning all the 'well regulated militias' doesn't strike me as a good idea tbh

I guess the next election will be a flashpoint. 6th January was obviously an attempt to overthrow elected power, which could have continued in the form of more obvious nationwide violence.

well there weren't armed militias attacking people in government offices across the country for an extended period of time

After the failure of the Capitol riot and the humiliation of the hearings and the rioters being jailed, you can bet that the militias are getting organised for the 2024 election. They will be infiltrating police forces, planning false flag attacks, learning about encrypted radios and phones and email, sourcing bigger and dirtier weapons...it's going to be carnage.

There's no central organisation to tie the attackers into a grand plan. If there were, I'm sure the FBI would know all about it.

:D

Yeah, sure.

However, even you aren't stupid enough to believe that because you just posted:

After the failure of the Capitol riot and the humiliation of the hearings and the rioters being jailed, you can bet that the militias are getting organised for the 2024 election. They will be infiltrating police forces, planning false flag attacks, learning about encrypted radios and phones and email, sourcing bigger and dirtier weapons...it's going to be carnage.

I begin to see why people on here have been doubting your expert insight...

you can bet isn't in my experience a very reliable source

that's perhaps because in large parts of the country the people in government offices were to varying degrees affiliated with the trumpites

but what's that got to do with the start of a US civil war? I think we're at cross purposes. I am merely saying what most people would describe as a civil war didn't start after 6th January. and hasn't started. by all means argue that on lots of levels the US is already at war with itself, I wouldn't argue, but the broad consensus is there is not a civil war right now.

:D

Yeah, sure.

However, even you aren't stupid enough to believe that because you just posted:

I begin to see why people on here have been doubting your expert insight...
There are 2 sides to every argument. It's silly to fix your mind on just one. But if nitpicking and tyre-kicking helps you get through the day, fill your boots.

but what's that got to do with the start of a US civil war? I think we're at cross purposes. I am merely saying what most people would describe as a civil war didn't start after 6th January. and hasn't started. by all means argue that on lots of levels the US is already at war with itself, I wouldn't argue, but the broad consensus is there is not a civil war right now.
yeh we're at cross purposes. i have given this matter some thought and research and you haven't.

Back
Top Bottom