Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the neoliberal vision of the future

really? In written form they're really not very different.

Right. So now you are ignorant of the differences between romance languages.

Is there anything you do know something about? Perhaps we might steer the conversation in that direction for you?

Make an argument for it. You're simply asserting that it is illogical and unethical.

That is because I've grown accustomed to conversing with people who have assimilated some basic concepts of Marxist theory. You have not. Therefore, to hold a conversation with you --about pretty much anything it seems--we have to return to very, very basic concepts and ideas and generally waste our time.

It's not worth it. Save us all a lot of trouble and just go away. You'll thank me in the long term.

They are different enough. I can speak (well, could!) fluent Castillian, and written down, I can understand a fair bit of Portuguese, in that I can work it out. But spoken, I don't understand it at all. And it's the same with Catalan, really. It's as close to French as it is to Spanish.

I'll take your word for it.

That is because I've grown accustomed to conversing with people who have assimilated some basic concepts of Marxist theory. You have not. Therefore, to hold a conversation with you --about pretty much anything it seems--we have to return to very, very basic concepts and ideas and generally waste our time.

It's not worth it. Save us all a lot of trouble and just go away. You'll thank me in the long term.

Oh have you know? How nice for you. Now, why don't you go back to denouncing people as wizards for using words that effect change in the world?

I do hope you'll include lbj in that slur, seeing as he agreed with me?

Shut up.

See, this guy is the problem. It is actually true that much of the Left is made up of Truxtas. Smug, self-satisfied, knee-jerk twats who believe whatever happens to be fashionable with their peer group, but who can no more defend their position in debate than they can fly to Uranus. Who think "dialectical" is a term from linguistics (I'm not making this up). If Truxta and his ilk were my only experience of the Left, I daresay I' d react like Onarchy too.

Shut up.

See, this guy is the problem. It is actually true that much of the Left is made up of Truxtas. Smug, self-satisfied, knee-jerk twats who believe whatever happens to be fashionable with their peer group, but who can no more defend their position in debate than they can fly to Uranus. Who think "dialectical" is a term from linguistics (I'm not making this up). If Truxta and his ilk were my only experience of the Left, I daresay I' d react like Onarchy too.

So, you're standing by your assertion that anyone who uses words to effect changes in the real world is a witch or a wizard and so unspeakably evil then? Or do you still feign amnesia on that one?

FWIW I'm happy to be corrected on my misuse of dialectical. I'm pretty sure you know what I meant tho. And you still haven't argued, as in given a coherent positive argument, for why you think it's immoral and illogical to measure activity in terms of money or other forms of evaluative quantities. You merely assert, and then hide behind a "oh, this is so basic that I cannot deign to explain myself to simpletons such as yourself". Talk about smug and self-satisfied.

Great! Next week we'll teach you the meaning of "economics."

No thanks to you tho. And STILL no memories coming back on that whole using words to effect changes in the real world and how that is witch-craft? My my, you must've been drinking quite heavily lately.

And STILL no memories coming back on that whole using words to effect changes in the real world and how that is witch-craft?

Well, you've completely misunderstood my teaching on that subject too, it would seem.

Would it help if I gave you a short test after every thread?

Back
Top Bottom