Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Great MS Paint Album Cover Thread!

Heh I'm feeling like I did in art class at school:( are most people using the paint program? They all look so good...... Mid you it is the first time I have ever used it so I have a feeling I am perhaps not using paint to its full potential:rolleyes:

Heh I'm feeling like I did in art class at school:( are most people using the paint program? They all look so good...... Mid you it is the first time I have ever used it so I have a feeling I am perhaps not using paint to its full potential:rolleyes:

Most of these are very very good. :) But it was so much fun to do and that's the main point, innit? I hope people are saving their efforts in a purpose-made file somewhere. :)

album3gh2.jpg

This is an awesome thread - would probably take me a whole weekend to do an album cover, though :oops:

It's piss easy to get good results with MS Paint. If someone gives me something good to draw, I'll show you how I build em up.

Well, I'd have liked to have done the cover of Surfer Rosa but I had a quick try and realised it was way out of my league.

Well, I'd have liked to have done the cover of Surfer Rosa but I had a quick try and realised it was way out of my league.

I had a go at that, as it's one of my favourite albums and album covers (mmmmm yummy) But i gave up on it. Way hard.

I had a go at that, as it's one of my favourite albums and album covers (mmmmm yummy) But i gave up on it. Way hard.

Tricky, innit.

I think a lot of the visually striking, simple and pretty famous album covers have already gone.

A bad Surfer Rosa it is.

Draw the basic lines and shapes in black, with the medium round brush.

sr1.png

Work out some colours and fill in the big closed spaces. Seal up the unclosed spaces with dots of the colour you'll fill it with.

sr2.png

Do a basic job of colouring everything in:

sr3.png

Refine & add detail:

sr4.png

Work out vaguely where the light might be, and shade in a lighter/darker colour on either side:

sr5.png

10 minutes, though I cheated by using a colour picker against the real thing.

A bad Surfer Rosa it is.

Draw the basic lines and shapes in black, with the medium round brush.

Work out some colours and fill in the big closed spaces. Seal up the unclosed spaces with dots of the colour you'll fill it with.

Do a basic job of colouring everything in:

Refine & add detail:

Work out vaguely where the light might be, and shade in a lighter/darker colour on either side:

10 minutes, though I cheated by using a colour picker against the real thing.

Or, go for the 5 minute crap drawing option:

Attachments

• gfd.jpg
    gfd.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 61
Ok - I'm going to have a go at something - it might appear on this thread in a month or so . . .

Back
Top Bottom