Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Generic Tennis Thread

Not really surprising given her lack of top level match fitness, which I believe she's now acknowledged.
Yeah, she's got the skills and has proved to herself that she can stay fit...now it's time to put in the grind, I guess. Top level tennis seems particularly unforgiving in that you have to have all three on the go, constantly, to have any chance of getting anywhere.

Shame about Harriet, was listening and the 1st set tie break was a sickener to lose such a long one. She was the better player imo and showed flashes of what she can do, against a top player too. She literally melted in the 2nd set though :(

Massive win for Draper - missed it due to being at a concert but heard it on the radio on the way back. De Minaur is not an easy player to beat!

AFAIK the US Open is the slam that turns up the most surprise winners, so it will be exciting if we have new champions this year. And of course on the blokes' side it's more open with Alcaraz and Djokovic being out.

I'd love to see Karolina Muchova win the women's.

No, I think it's 8pm New York time so 3pm here.

Does anyone know where we can watch it for free?
New York is 5 hours behind UK time so an 8pm start in New York would be 1am tomorrow.

It's on Arthur Ashe after the women's final which starts at midday (US Eastern Time)

The US Open website says 'not before' 3pm ET so that's 8pm BST

The other men's semi (Fritz v Tiafoe) is the night match (7pm ET)

I don't know where we can watch it for free. :(

New York is 5 hours behind UK time so an 8pm start in New York would be 1am tomorrow.

It's on Arthur Ashe after the women's final which starts at midday (US Eastern Time)

The US Open website says 'not before' 3pm ET so that's 8pm BST

The other men's semi (Fritz v Tiafoe) is the night match (7pm ET)

I don't know where we can watch it for free. :(
Ah yes, you are right I looked it up but misread it.

Oh dear, Sinner has picked up a wrist injury and Draper is apparently suffering from heatstroke!

Simultaneous medical time out.

Back
Top Bottom