Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Essex Thread: news, discussion, photos and more

:D

Hey, maybe we hooked up? Ever go to Tootoos (awesome druggy 'rave' club just outside Colchester on Clacton Road, not as bad as the name makes it sound!) or the Hippodrome between 1988-92?

What is the name of that hotel / motel on the A126 (I think) outside Romford? Anyhow friday nights there were a real cattlemarket.

:D

Hey, maybe we hooked up? Ever go to Tootoos (awesome druggy 'rave' club just outside Colchester on Clacton Road, not as bad as the name makes it sound!) or the Hippodrome between 1988-92?

I was born in '88 :D:p

Used to go to the Hippodrome every now and then though until it turned into a Liquid maybe 2 years ago :D

Epping Forest Country Club?

Actually, I know the place you're talking about, but can't remember it's name.

Idioteque - I also used to attend the Copford Windmill around that period...

E2a - ah, just seen your last post...fucken youngster...

What is the name of that hotel / motel on the A126 (I think) outside Romford? Anyhow friday nights there were a real cattlemarket.

Palms.

Look, EVERY town has several places like this though, don't they? I've never been to a town that hasn't had at least one meatmarket nightclub thing.

Epping Forest Country Club?

Actually, I know the place you're talking about, but can't remember it's name.

Idioteque - I also used to attend the Copford Windmill around that period...

E2a - ah, just seen your last post...fucken youngster...

Maybe you're my dad? ;)

Wasn't Lovejoy filmed in Essex/Suffolk borders?

That part at least looks nice enough.

I would fancy a pint with Tinker in some of the village pubs used in filming.

Mind you I met two of 5star in Romford in 1986.

Last time I went to Romford. I wonder why?;)

Palms.

Look, EVERY town has several places like this though, don't they? I've never been to a town that hasn't had at least one meatmarket nightclub thing.

Yes, The Palms that was it...

Does every town have one? I dunno, I just ended up staying in the Palms one friday / sat night and was well a bit amazed tbh .. I am not sure the town I am living in at the moment has a meat market like that but perhaps I am only going to stumble upon it by accident now.

Everywhere there are single people there is a meatmarket kind of place - in smaller places it's a pub that has a 'disco', or the annual country fair, but the need for bad, unsatisfying sex to stave off another night of loneliness is universal.

I think Palms is just not the sort of place I would ever, ever want to stay at, really. It's basically a nightclub with rooms to fuck in.

The thing with those kinds of places is even tho they get a rep as being a place to get an easy lay, you still have to fucking work at it. I mean it's not like turning up at an orgy and just getting your cock out and waiting for a hole to wander by.

The thing with those kinds of places is even tho they get a rep as being a place to get an easy lay, you still have to fucking work at it. I mean it's not like turning up at an orgy and just getting your cock out and waiting for a hole to wander by.

This is what I'm saying about Essex girls when I was growing up! Do you know how massively disheartening it is to not get any sort of play whatsoever when literally every person you meet from another part of the country just can't blurt out how easy the women are where your from fast enough? It's FUCKING disheartening.

I never went, but Zest in Ipswich (Suffolk!) had hot tubs and beds in it, before it got closed down after multiple stabbings :D

Basildon to get a sign like the Hollywood LA sign, Now that showes the town is class.
Epping Forest Country Club? :D

more like Berwick manner

This has not been a very active thread for 6 years....so as good a time as any to reboot it....just a little

I'm DJing a free event in Harlow on Saturday if anyone fancies popping along....IT'S FREE ENTRY

11200620_10153220281190937_2805118081996946905_n.jpg

Out on my bike yesterday, I spotted a road marking which I think said "TdF? Reem!", the Tour having been here last year.

I suppose I ought to partake in this thread, being a recent immigrant to this lovely county.
Proper Essex or London Essex? I'm within the London borough of Havering but tell people I live in Essex and put it in my address. Me, you and SaskiaJayne can start demanding a subforum.

Chelmsford, so proper Essex.

I have thought in the past that the South East should have its own forum exclusive of London, as the capital does dominate these parts. I've only been frequenting this particular forum since I moved down here six months ago, so maybe it's been raised before.

I went out east to the Bradwell area for the first time today and quite enjoyed it. Very remote and I don't think I could live there, but very picturesque, excepting the nuclear power plant.

There's some really nice countryside north of Braintree, towards and beyond Halstead and the Hedinghams. Excellent walking and cycling terrain.

Back
Top Bottom