Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essex coast

Last edited:
I fucking love Walton! It is very kiss me quick at the beach end, and yes in a good way, but if you carry on walking north (I think 😬 - yes checked!) past the Wildlife Trust and the Naze tower, it's really wild and beautiful. Some WW2 stuff to see there too. I'm sure I wrote this up thread so will stfu now.

The Naze Tower will be our first stop!
It's a shame it's going to be so hot later, it limits what we can do because we've got the dogs with us - one of which is 16.

And please don't stfu polly!

Ahh well in that case it's really a place of two halves, so if you want proper beach, beach huts, charmingly skanky pier, go south from the tower, but if you want a nice wild walk through a little wood and then along the much less tidy and populous water front, go north. And yes look for sharks teeth (very difficult) and fossilised bark (very easy)! I found some weird fossilised iron ore too (thought it was a coprolite but archaeologist sister burst my bubble) and there's quite a lot of that.

Did I already say there's a very highly recommended fish and chip shop in Kirby Cross? Everything I have tried in Walton itself has been dire.

Have a great time! X

Walton was great, just the right side of kiss-me-quick, shame the pier has seen better days
We thought we'd get some lunch yesterday in Frinton, but it was so rammed we didn't even get out of the car!
Went to Wivenhoe instead, which turned out to be an excellent decision.

From this morning's early dog walk in Brightlingsea
20230910_064625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom