Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queue Watch: Dedicated BBC Queue Tracking discussion and analysis - HRH Her Majesty the Queen (Dec'd)

Queue Vardis?

(Westminster Abbey, then an Angus Steak House and home to Kettering…)

RIP The Queue and it's stiff upper lip dunkurk spirit.

Just realised I must have posted this on the wrong thread yesterday.
Screenshot 2022-09-19 08.53.33.png
I ran the length of the queue and back and investigated westminser.
(a few more pics and details on strava link)
Already by 1pm the crowds in Westminster (not queue) were getting intense as people started setting up camps to watch the procession for today.

Of course proper hardcover mourners would have completed the QEII triathlon: deposit a stuffed Paddington * in St James’s Park, gone straight to the end of the queue, queue, and then immediately camp out on the Mall…

* Not a euphemism.

Today - the day of the actual funeral now has a distinct 'boxing day' feel imo - the main event has finished, all the effort went into yesterday (well last few days), and its TVs turn to put a shift in..

If you’d asked me six months ago what me and millions of others would be doing today, I’d never have guessed it would be “watching The Emoji Movie”.

Gsv was saying he saw it pointed out that there was really nothing stopping them from giving everyone a ticketed hour slot to queue up or something (as they are presumably doing for people with access needs), so it's almost as though they wanted there to be an enormous queue of 'devoted citizens'. :hmm:

Did anybody on the organising side ever explain why they decided it was a better idea to have a dayslong stream of exhausted, disheveled people shambling past the coffin than to have some kind of online booking system for time slots?

There definitely seems to have been an element of "look how devoted they are, look how long they'll wait, look what we can make them do..."

Did anybody on the organising side ever explain why they decided it was a better idea to have a dayslong stream of exhausted, disheveled people shambling past the coffin than to have some kind of online booking system for time slots?

There definitely seems to have been an element of "look how devoted they are, look how long they'll wait, look what we can make them do..."
To stop people like us booking all the slots and not turning up?

I think you have answered your own question.

Back
Top Bottom