Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Homeless people stand in a huge queue in the rain in Trafalgar Square

Even if that's true, you are removing the context of the UK supposedly being a fabulously rich nation and the fact that policy is deliberately contributing to this through an obscene ownership market and equally obscene private rented market coupled with a disappearing safety net in both benefits and mental health provision.

Your answer was trite. And that's being kind.
Yeh another word ending -ite springs to mind every time I see one of his posts

I've recently heard the word unhoused rather than homeless which I quite like. Does a better job of indicating where the failing/responsibility/solution lies.

aye but it the sort of thing i could see Jenrick or Boris using to underplay the seriousness of the problem

they are unhoused not homeless
:(

The Radio 4 food programme did feature on the group who do the Trafalgar Square one.

They are Sikhs.

During Lockdown they were there. I saw a lot of homeless in West End.

The program says a lot of people working in hospitality were made homeless during Pandemic.

London economy is based around the service industries. Which are poorly paid. There is massive divide between rich and poor in London.

I watched something about California - the contrast between rich and poor is unreal.

To afford rent alone your average Joe has to earn a minimum of $48 per hour.

Seems like you’re either poor or mega rich - the homelessness is absolutely out of control. Loads of people and businesses are moving to Texas where it’s 4 x cheaper to live with no income tax as well.

I watched something about California - the contrast between rich and poor is unreal.

To afford rent alone your average Joe has to earn a minimum of $48 per hour.

Seems like you’re either poor or mega rich - the homelessness is absolutely out of control. Loads of people and businesses are moving to Texas where it’s 4 x cheaper to live with no income tax as well.
When will you be relocating?

The Radio 4 food programme did feature on the group who do the Trafalgar Square one.

They are Sikhs.

During Lockdown they were there. I saw a lot of homeless in West End.

The program says a lot of people working in hospitality were made homeless during Pandemic.

is that the same lot who used to be outside Zimbabwe House sometimes?

Back
Top Bottom