Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dour parsimonious Scotch, Wetherspoons, and drinking at 9am

SNP and the Greens holding the balance of power in Westminster after the election would be the best semi-possible scenario.

how does having once smoked weed make you any less or more progressive than the next person?

Anti-legalisation, spouting the same old shit as the next political party, keeping to the safe ground. Come to glasgow and try staying out clubbing now after 3am. Us Scottish put up with a lot of crap from our leaders. Even laws which look progressive are actually centred around banning stuff and curtailing people's freedom.

how does having once smoked weed make you any less or more progressive than the next person?
I think he just googled 'cannabis' and 'SNP' assuming it would state the SNP's official anti legalisation policy whereas the actual article says nothing of the sort.

Anti-legalisation, spouting the same old shit as the next political party, keeping to the safe ground. Come to glasgow and try staying out clubbing now after 3am. Us Scottish put up with a lot of crap from our leaders. Even laws which look progressive are actually centred around banning stuff and curtailing people's freedom.

Sorry to hear about your clubbing disappointments. I probably won't cast my vote on the issue of nightclubs and their opening hours though. Come to think of it, isn't that sort of thing dealt with by the Council licensing board, which, in the case of Glasgow, is definitely Labour?

Sorry to hear about your clubbing disappointments. I probably won't cast my vote on the issue of nightclubs and their opening hours though. Come to think of it, isn't that sort of thing dealt with by the Council licensing board, which, in the case of Glasgow, is definitely Labour?

I don't really go clubbing any more, but I'm struggling to think of why anyone would hold Scotland as an example of a particularly progressive country on any front. I wouldn't vote Labour either. :D

I don't really go clubbing any more, but I'm struggling to think of why anyone would hold Scotland as an example of a particularly progressive country on any front. I wouldn't vote Labour either. :D

You seemed to think clubbing >= 3 a.m. was a Very Important Thing in your earlier post.

You seemed to think clubbing >= 3 a.m. was a Very Important Thing in your earlier post.

I know OU likes his nightlife. :D But I do think 3am licenses are backwards. Go to London and you can party till 7am. Go to Glasgow and everything shuts at 3am.

Back
Top Bottom