Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I really hope for the country's sake that Johnson has sacked him.

If the PM stands up there, insists Cummings did nothing wrong and says that Cummings did not go back there subsequently, and is then challenged with absolute proof that he did by the Mirror and Guardian, then he is going to have to resign never mind Cummings.

4000.jpg

51QpaMI2RXL._AC_.jpg

I just keep seeing it when I see Cummings in those sunglasses.

Is that Johnny Depp playing Hunter S Thompson?

If so, I have a similar tale. That picture of Cummings in the car spent the whole day yesterday reminding me of Duke from Doonesbury when he was turned into a zombie. And Duke is based on HST.

Screenshot_2020-05-24 Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau for April 02, 2016 GoComics com.png

Last edited:
I really hope for the country's sake that Johnson has sacked him.

If the PM stands up there, insists Cummings did nothing wrong and says that Cummings did not go back there subsequently, and is then challenged with absolute proof that he did by the Mirror and Guardian, then he is going to have to resign never mind Cummings.
Don't think we are in that kind of world any more.

Johnson doesn't care what the public thinks. He's got a large commons majority and no election for 4 years.

The only pressure that can get rid of Cummings is from, within the tory party, and there'll be a load of behind the scenes pressure on MPs from the whips.

I think he'll stay

Remember all the furore when Boris published the letterbox article? There were loads of calls for him to go or be sacked by the same quarters who are calling for Cummings head.
He just kept his head down and carried on regardless.

Remember the Tories only need to please tory voters, not Guardian and Mirror journalists and readers
Problem = many, older Tory voters not at all impressed by this episode; hence so many backwoodsmen up in arms.

Johnson doesn't care what the public thinks. He's got a large commons majority and no election for 4 years.

The only pressure that can get rid of Cummings is from, within the tory party, and there'll be a load of behind the scenes pressure on MPs from the whips.

I think he'll stay

the problem with this is that its the Tories who have a large commons majority, not him - if he becomes a liability (which he is becoming) then he will be out on his ear to recover his health / enjoy fatherhood really quickly

The Cabinet Office could release their findings at the same time as the Russia report. So, never

They could, but unlike most other political scandals where there is a degree of nuance and so on this is basically he either went there repeatedly or he didn't.

If there is evidence he was there, they continue to insist that he wasn't and the paper have evidence he was, no amount of whitewash or delay is going to work.

"I'm going to do what the Labour Party have asked and instigate an inquiry and I'll be taking no further questions on Dominic because I can't pre-empt that inquiry."

Must be a decent bet.

Which would make it even more infuriating they' ve only asked for an enquiry not his head on a stick.

Back
Top Bottom