Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

I don't let him out in the dark unless he's on the lead - he'd be off into the next field(s) for an hour barking at the goats.

I don't let him out in the dark unless he's on the lead - he'd be off into the next field(s) for an hour barking at the goats.
Yeah I probably wouldnt be so confident with Mungo if he hadn’t grown up around here, going from apparently well-trained pup to deaf adolescent to moderately compliant adult and now just mid-life ‘I rarely get excited, and I’m a runner not a fighter, so I’ll be back drectly’

When I got him as a pup I read so many books and sites (lurchers, rather than spaniels) where the advice was do all your training in their working place/ zone, connect with them at their most switched on turned on. Obviously this hasn’t worked 100% for me or I wouldn’t have just been walking down the lane with a head torch on

People on the local Facebook page (yes, I know :rolleyes: @ self) are complaining folk are walking dogs in the 28-30 degree weather

I can understand that it’s better to walk dogs in the morning and evening in this weather, for the human too I expect, but is walking them at lunchtime actually a problem?

Of course anyone here on holiday probably has to take their dogs out with them as you can’t leave them in holiday accommodation unattended usually

Bright sun on the back of black dogs in particular won't be comfortable. I did read that it's better for long-haired than short-haired breeds because the longer fur acts as some insulation.

Yeah a neighbour takes his short haired black dog which I think is a pug out late at night when it’s hot (usually at sunset)

Still no nearer getting a dog myself, maybe next year, but I’ve said that since 2022! But have been thinking about how a dog would fit in with my life so that’s something

Back
Top Bottom