Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

I don't have a dog. So yesterday I went to a dog cafe!

IMG_20230729_133257.jpgIMG_20230729_143021.jpgIMG-20230729-WA0010.jpeg

There were more dogs that I didn't get pics of. Including a cute little black one. I got to play tug of war and feed them biscuits.tgere was also a baby who was stroking the dogs and giggling which was sweet but they weren't so keen on the big BMD who liked yo lay in front of the room with tea and coffee in, legs splayed right in everyone's was doing big woods for no apparent reason :D

He is bellaozzydog 🙂 and we had some great adventures this weekend.

Screenshot_20230731-225514.png
Screenshot_20230731-225351~2.png

But some stuff I hadn't anticipated ( because I'm an idiot) went down :( I got axle 2 weeks ago. I didn't "properly" consult with my housemate about it. My housemate is one of my sons who is autistic, plus has some other struggles with planet earth. And he's right I hadn't shared the decision equally with him. He said he'd try to adjust. But wasn't ready for another dog yet. Fair enough.

We spoke about this again a week ago, he reiterated that he hadnt wanted another dog. And if we did get one then he certainly wasn't expecting a one year old Axle type dog. I hold my hands up to making shit adhd decisions, and I need to be held accountable for them. He is correct.

Emotions aside ( and we both adore axel) I do go away a lot and I work a lot. I know that whatever my good intentions, I'm not always going to walk him every day, or for nearly as long as he needs. My son feels strong empathy for axle and would end up taking care of him a lot of the time because of these feelings. but remember, he didn't want a dog, or if he did then he wanted a less needy senior dog

He said this weekend that he's trying to adjust, but he can't. There's a lot of history here tbh. He's ended up looking after a few of his siblings dogs unintentionally, for the entirety of their lives. He just needs some time free of responsibilities that he hasn't chosen.

So axle has gone to live on acreage with my daughter and her boyfriend, and the boyfriends dog Dex. It'll be a grand life.

Screenshot_20230731-230503.pngAnd my daughters 8 yr old non needy miniature dog has come to live with me..

Screenshot_20230731-230855.png

I think I'm okay, sad...but I'll see axel a lot ( he was here most of today ) he is beautiful, but i don't need to own the beautiful things to appreciate them.

Adhd decisions, it's been a roller coaster :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom