Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

:hmm: My daughter sent me this, she hasn't met axle yet, just seen a picture. This is a type of Spanish Greyhound.

It's really odd because i have noticed he doesn't bark, and is very light footed. I'd wondered if he was dingo/ primative pack dog. He has a lovely temperament ( I know it's only the first day)

Reading about this breed, I saw that for some bizarre reason, a law was changed in spain a few months ago, which meant it was no longer against the law to have sex with one of these dogs. Unless they needed vet treatment afterwards! wtaf.

Obviously not a dog you'd find in Australia, but for the lol I might tell people my dogs a Podenco ;)
Hm as far as I’ve read up on Spanish hunting dogs, podencos are an interesting mix of sight and scent type hound (like a mixture of eg a whippet and a beagle) whereas Galgos are the ‘Spanish greyhound’, in that they’re tall skinny sighthounds which, I think, are more used for coursing, running, rather than sprinting.. 🤷‍♀️
I look on podenco and galgo rehome sites from time to time (all the time) so did see the similarity with your dog there but, as you say, he’s unlikely to be one.
Hope your first days have gone well x

Last edited:
"Do you know what? I've got a feeling the squirrels don't disappear when they reach the tree. Bear with me but unlikely as it seems, I think they GO UP THE TREE! :hmm::eek:"

(A year now of chasing squirrels then fruitlessly sniffing around the tree while the squirrels take the piss from a few feet above his thick little head :facepalm::D)

362914435_581806550821667_8560923901004554187_n.jpg

"Do you know what? I've got a feeling the squirrels don't disappear when they reach the tree. Bear with me but unlikely as it seems, I think they GO UP THE TREE! :hmm::eek:"

(A year now of chasing squirrels then fruitlessly sniffing around the tree while the squirrels take the piss from a few feet above his thick little head :facepalm::D)

View attachment 384508

Pepper once barked a squirrel out of a tree. She'd chased it up there and started barking at it like a bastard, poor little thing got so scared it try to jump to another tree which was far too far away, it hit the deck and she pounced, a short shake and that was the end of that. Spoils the walk when she does that shit.

Bit of a first world problem but yesterday I took him to get his AHC to travel to France. 230 fucking quid!

I don't even know what I've paid for. A load of signed papers that took 10 minutes to do. Absolute pisstake.
There’s a place in Reading that does it for £135 (£100 if you do it on a Tuesday). If that’s do-able, worth considering next time. It’s called vet’s klinic

Today my daughter, who doesn't live with me... still managed to find a lost dog and brought it to mine :D Just a little new puppy fluffy dog. Axle was just so gentle with it ❤️ turned out it had got out up the street and it's owner was a nurse in ED today, so the puppy stayed the day.

Plus had the grandkids over at the weekend and he just adores them ❤️

IMG_20230727_092357~2.jpg

Pepper once barked a squirrel out of a tree. She'd chased it up there and started barking at it like a bastard, poor little thing got so scared it try to jump to another tree which was far too far away, it hit the deck and she pounced, a short shake and that was the end of that. Spoils the walk when she does that shit.

I once let Kail off in the woods here and he returned to me with most of a freshly killed squirrel hanging from his gob. He'd hit it so hard he'd taken off the head and front right quarters. He murdered Tufty! :D

Today my daughter, who doesn't live with me... still managed to find a lost dog and brought it to mine :D Just a little new puppy fluffy dog. Axle was just so gentle with it ❤️ turned out it had got out up the street and it's owner was a nurse in ED today, so the puppy stayed the day.

View attachment 384737

All dogs are gorgeous 😍 but that pooch...ohhhh that's next level stunning.

View attachment 384737

Oh he looks nice :)

Back
Top Bottom