Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cure

I was 16 first time I saw them at my first Glastonbury. I was stoned off my box, there was a lightning storm about halfway through and lazers look ace beamed through Robert's barnet. :cool:

Since then saw them at Wembley with Disintegration, that time at Glastonbury where the helicopter had to land mid-set that kalidarkone mentions. Most recently Cardiff mentioned upthread. I think that one might be the best one of the lot, although the Disintegration-era one was really special.

The new songs were fucking brilliant live btw. If the album's like that, it'll be a cracker.

I was 16 first time I saw them at my first Glastonbury. I was stoned off my box, there was a lightning storm about halfway through and lazers look ace beamed through Robert's barnet. :cool:

Since then saw them at Wembley with Disintegration, that time at Glastonbury where the helicopter had to land mid-set that kalidarkone mentions. Most recently Cardiff mentioned upthread. I think that one might be the best one of the lot, although the Disintegration-era one was really special.

The new songs were fucking brilliant live btw. If the album's like that, it'll be a cracker.
OK. I'm glad you saw the helicopter airlift because sometimes I'm not sure about the difference between my memory and my imagination. Also I was very high at the time.

Co-ordinates to Blackpool, where of course Robert Smith was born.

So, so far we’ve have had the site of the first gig and now this.

It does feel like this could be the end, so it’s exciting but also a bit sad..

"This is the end of every song that we sing
The fire burned out to ash and
The stars grown dim with tears
Cold and afraid
The ghosts of all that we’ve been
We toast, with bitter dregs, to our emptiness
And the birds falling out of our skies
And the words falling out of our minds

And here is to love, so much love
Falling out of our lives
Hopes and dreams are gone
The end of every song

And it all stops we were always sure that
We would never change
And it all stops
Wе were always sure that wе
Would stay the same but it all stops
And we close our eyes to sleep
To dream a boy and girl
Who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Where did it go? Where did it go?
Broken voiced lament to call us home
This is this end of every song we sing

Broken voiced lament to call us home
This is the end of every song we sing alone"

😭

member of The Cure, Phil Thornalley, on this great new LP

Human Worth are proud to present the kaleidoscopic debut album from Joyce, fronted by Jimmy Watkins – formerly of Future of the Left, and current founder of worldwide running community Running Punks – featuring members of The Cure, Big Special, God Damn and Adwaith, with a portion of all proceeds donated to charity.

Joyce is a brand new project from Jimmy Watkins – a GB olympic athlete who quit for rock & roll. For this project Jimmy has brought together an array of talented musical friends, including the likes of Phil Thornalley (The Cure), Joe Hicklin (Big Special), Gwenllian Anthony (Adwaith) and Paul Broome (Fauxchisels).

Back
Top Bottom