Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cure vs The Smiths

how can you be nostalgic for something you don's even remember?

• Total voters
No competition. The Cure had maybe a dozen really good songs. Everything the Smiths did was genius. And did I mention that i saw them live twice in Manchester. :)

Have to go for The Smiths. Love The Cure too, don't know anyone who likes one and doesn't the other.

The Smiths as I was a massive fan at the time and still like 'em. Having said this The Cure had some great songs and I suppose a more varied catalogue.

I like them both a lot so the only way to decide it is a fight.

Big Bob Smith would surely kick Morrissey's girly arse so I voted for the Cure.

I like them both a lot so the only way to decide it is a fight.

Big Bob Smith would surely kick Morrissey's girly arse so I voted for the Cure.

I'd rather go for a curry with Bob to me honest. Perhaps that's the real litmus test.

Smiths. Broke up before things started to get embarrassing... a thing someone should have suggested Fat Bob after Wish or whatever the one that followed Disintegration was called. And even before that, the Smiths were far more consistent.

i can't be objective - the cure were so important to me as a teenager. i think i was a bit too young for the smiths - but the cure were hitting their populist peak around 1989 when i was 15 and misspending my youth.

plus they had theatre and costume and escapism. i was that kind of kid. unsurprisingly.:oops:

Don't really know the Cure as well as I know The Smiths, so had to vote for what i know. What i know of The Cure is what is was publicised, whereas the smiths I got most of their albums at the time.

wasn't into the smiths at the time - should have been i guess, being a miserable teenager and that, but they just didn't grab me, and i didn't like people who were into them, and going on and on about them:rolleyes:

preferred the cure then, and sort of seeing them at glastonbury in 86, i listened stoned from my tent with the rain gently falling, with a female friend, that nothing ever happened with :(

voted for the cure:)

Back
Top Bottom