Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Tempted to do an MBV vs Cranberries poll because it's such a weird idea.
MBV was always indie due to disastrous decisions regarding record deals, and just for that minute detail would MBV win.
People always tend to go against what finally succeeded commercially speaking, even though both bands started out being genuinely indie.

Because it's more interesting to talk about what you like and don't like about things than it is to only talk about the things you like.
Yes more interesting for you, but to me it's a bit like saying what you don't like about people whose body shape is different from your own and insulting them. Music is that personal. And fair enough saying it's not your sort of music but it's the insults I find difficult.

I should really have posted this under 'an amnesty for unpopular opinions' :).

But an example I like a fair amount of prog rock: Genesis before Gabriel left, early Floyd, King Crimson. That's a personal like - why should people go all sneery about that? Punk largely passed me by and there's not a huge amount I like, but again I understand the energy and why people like it. Why would I want to insult it and people who liked that music?

Yes more interesting for you, but to me it's a bit like saying what you don't like about people whose body shape is different from your own and insulting them. Music is that personal. And fair enough saying it's not your sort of music but it's the insults I find difficult.

But an example I like a fair amount of prog rock: Genesis before Gabriel left, early Floyd, King Crimson. That's a personal like - why should people go all sneery about that? Punk largely passed me by and there's not a huge amount I like, but again I understand the energy and why people like it. Why would I want to insult it and people who liked that music?

But surely it's okay here. It's just nasty to say to someone for no reason in IRL.

I think it's because in this particular case they really love The Cranberries and are ashamed to admit it.

Everyone likes King Crimson these days, you're basically a hipster. Don't sweat it.

But surely it's okay here. It's just nasty to say to someone for no reason in IRL.
True it's nasty to say to someone for no reason. For me, though, insults are for no reason - they're just trying to impose their own personal taste on someone else.

Fascism :mad: Worse than hitler :mad:

Everyone likes King Crimson these days, you're basically a hipster. Don't sweat it.
:D I'll tell that to my OH - he's a massive King Crimson fan and hipsters are only slightly higher than Trump supporters in his opinion.

(I like them too).

ETA - I like the 80s ones but nothing beats 21st Century Schizoid Man.

Dire Straits? Say no more. You are allowed to like what you want but don't be surprised if others think you choice in music is shite.

Good luck otherwise and enjoy listening to other music. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom