Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

But people that don't like The Cranberries must respect people that love The Cranberries, if a person is respectful about his/her dislike of The Cranberries, it's nice!
Is that a typo?

Never liked the Cranberries at all in the 90s but after listening to a couple of tunes after Delores death I could understand their appeal. I am sure they influenced a lot of bands and were also influenced by a lot of earlier bands.

I blame Cliff Richard. ;)

Is that a typo?

Never liked the Cranberries at all in the 90s but after listening to a couple of tunes after Delores death I could understand their appeal. I am sure they influenced a lot of bands and were also influenced by a lot of earlier bands.

I blame Cliff Richard. ;)
The Cranberries is the band of my life, I imagine it will be due to a generational issue. For a 5-year-old it must be shocking to hear Dreams or Linger for the first time. And I respect people who don't like The Cranberries, but I have a hard time assimilating it, if they make such beautiful music!

I don't really understand insulting particular bands - and yes I'd agree it's insulting the fans and almost trying to put them off liking the music they do.

I don't like Abba for example but I wouldn't dream of insulting the music - I can understand why people do like them, and they do (I understand) have complex musical progressions.

It's almost like the insulter isn't sure about liking the music they themselves like, and have to try to put other people off the music they like.

As an interesting aside, the word for cranberry and blueberry are the same in Spanish. Maybe it's YOU who doesn't respect the cranberries.
I do not see how the fact that there is no differentiation between cranberry and blackberry in the Spanish language can affect what we discuss in this thread

I'm sorry, but that isn't true. They're insulting The Cranberries.

I have a very deep appreciation of many bands, but when other people don't like them I don't take that as a personal affront. Why would I? Why would you? It doesn't make any sense.
As I said, The Cranberries is part of myself. Dolores and the band helped me when my father passed away, their music was so important to me.

Furthermore, Dolores died in 2018. Really hurt me when I listen this kind of comments. I know it is not the real life and everybody can do all they want, but also I can. And to me, if anybody insult Dolores or The Cranberries, also is insulting my feelings.

Yes, insulting someone's choice of music isn't like insulting someone's choice of football team. It's telling them they shouldn't be listening to the music they like. I think it's a cunt's trick tbh, verging on bullying - rather than enjoying their music they're likely to focus on the criticism and enjoy their music less.

I don't really understand insulting particular bands - and yes I'd agree it's insulting the fans and almost trying to put them off liking the music they do.

I don't like Abba for example but I wouldn't dream of insulting the music - I can understand why people do like them, and they do (I understand) have complex musical progressions.

It's almost like the insulter isn't sure about liking the music they themselves like, and have to try to put other people off the music they like.
Can't explain better

Yes, insulting someone's choice of music isn't like insulting someone's choice of football team. It's telling them they shouldn't be listening to the music they like. I think it's a cunt's trick tbh, verging on bullying - rather than enjoying their music they're likely to focus on the criticism and enjoy their music less.
You seriously think that? That's quite astonishing.

The Cranberries music has been annoying to me and has caused me irritation, so it is absolutely fine for me to say how much I dislike them, and to tell a stranger that on an Internet forum.

If you feel differently, I don't want to upset you personally, but what on earth are you doing on a music forum?

this is pathetic tbh.

one way you could avoid having your feelings hurt by people saying your favourite band is crap would be to not read the thread called 'crap or not crap: your favourite band', cause there's a good chance there'll be some people in there calling your favourite band crap. that'd be my tip.
The issue is that The Cranberries have been a great alt-rock band, whose vocalist is among the 10 best frontwomen in the history of rock. I do not intend to impose my tastes, but data are that are.
The Cranberries are the biggest female led band since Fleetwood Mac, they are the second biggest and most influential band in Ireland (surpassing Thin Lizzy) and they also had the British music press against them.
A band of the importance of The Cranberries should not be disrespected, with all due respect they are not like Belle and Sebastian or Jane's Addiction, they are one of the 10 best bands of the 90s.

The issue is that The Cranberries have been a great alt-rock band, whose vocalist is among the 10 best frontwomen in the history of rock. I do not intend to impose my tastes, but data are that are.
The Cranberries are the biggest female led band since Fleetwood Mac, they are the second largest and most influential band in Ireland (surpassing Thin Lizzy) and they also had the British music press against them. A band of the importance of The Cranberries should not be disrespected, with all due respect they are not like Belle and Sebastian or Jane's Addiction, they are one of the 10 best bands of the 90s.

My Bloody Valentine more influential. Also, another band whose spectre I won't raise here.

possibly. Possibly you're confident in your choice of music. Possibly other people aren't, and when their choice of music is insulted it makes them feel less in some way.
I can understand that. All my friends love the rolling stones. I think they're shit apart from the odd one or two. My choice of music is always laughed at but I don't give a fuck now, although when I was younger it was hurtful when people sneered and laughed. Almost Like it was an assault on my intelligence if that makes sense.

The Cranberries are the biggest female led band since Fleetwood Mac, they are the second biggest and most influential band in Ireland (surpassing Thin Lizzy) and they also had the British music press against them.
A band of the importance of The Cranberries should not be disrespected, with all due respect they are not like Belle and Sebastian or Jane's Addiction, they are one of the 10 best bands of the 90s.
why only top ten. say it like you mean it man. NUMBER ONE

Why insult someone's choice of music though? I don't really understand. I like the music I like, other people like the music they like. It's a very personal decision. Having a go at someone's choice of music to me is trying to build yourself up while making them enjoy their music less.

I did have a go at "I've got a brand new combine harvester" when it was played round at my neighbour's house the other night but that's an outlier :(

Why insult someone's choice of music though? I don't really understand. I like the music I like, other people like the music they like. It's a very personal decision. Having a go at someone's choice of music to me is trying to build yourself up while making them enjoy their music less.

I did have a go at "I've got a brand new combine harvester" when it was played round at my neighbour's house the other night but that's an outlier :(

I wouldn't do it to someone in their face. This is a music forum though.

My Bloody Valentine more influential. Also, another band whose spectre I won't raise here.
I don't think so, MBV lives were terrible and also don't created shoegaze as some people think. Loveless was one of the first albums of this kind of sound, but not the first.

Dolores influenced million women in Asia, and she was the first great frontwomen after C. Hynde, later came out singers as Nina Person, Manson, etc in Mainstream Rock scene.

And it was thank to The Cranberries

Because it's more interesting to talk about what you like and don't like about things than it is to only talk about the things you like.

Back
Top Bottom