Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*The Archers thread

We're getting closer.
George's bottle of cider will be his downfall.
I thought Harry was going to mention it to Alice but I guess they want to string it out a bit longer.
She said ''we'' though when talking about the accident. She's going to remember more when she gets sober and George is going to crack under the lightest questioning.

Mean of them to make us think Emma was going to have an accident up the tree.
I think her tragedy will be when the business suffers when everyone finds out what her son did.
The whole family will be pariahs.

Paul is splitting up with Etienne. Who cares? Mere filler getting in the way of Alice's story.

The unwritten rule of soap operas - secrets will always out.

I listen to it regularly but still don't know who those two are :oops:
Josh is Pip's brother. Son of David and Ruth Archer.
Paul is Denise's son.

Denise is the vet's nurse who is having an on off affair with Alistair.

Alistair is the vet and former husband of Shula who left him because of his gambling.

Shula is the sister of David and Elizabeth Archer and twin of Kenton also the widow of Mark Hebdon who died in a car crash avoiding Shula's friend Caroline.

So Josh and Paul aren't directly related and are safe to marry.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Where and when did this "Joy" character come from please ? Relevance and contribution.....?
She's not from Ambridge.
Not even from Borsetshire as far as I know.
An outsider who moved in next door to Helen.
Not related to any Archers or other prominent local family.

Merely a bit of light relief.

I am worried about Jill Archer, she sounded far from her usual self in tonight's episode. :(

But then Pat Greene is in her 90's, bless her.

(anyone here fancy still working in their 90's??)

I am worried about Jill Archer, she sounded far from her usual self in tonight's episode. :(

But then Pat Greene is in her 90's, bless her.

(anyone here fancy still working in their 90's??)
She does sound frail.
I had to check it was still the same actress.

George is close to cracking. My money is on him fessing up this week.

Having missed it earlier, I just listened to tonight's episode of The Archers on BBC Sounds catch-up.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Drama and acting right out of the top drawer. Take a bow, Emerald O'Hanrahan (Emma Grundy) and Angus Stobie (George Grundy) that was riveting.

So... what happens next?

Emma will have to tell someone. Susan may winkle it out of her. George may run away. Alice may never get to hear of it, and be persuaded to change her plea for Martha's sake. And get sent down anyway, as there isn't as much pressure on women's prison places as there is on men's.

Or there will be some magical happy ending that doesn't involve public messages on young men's mental health, the lack of legal aid, the lack of affordable child care, and the state of the prisons.

Back
Top Bottom