Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*The Archers thread

Well to be fair it is Jim's house. Well up until this whole story line explodes and Alistair and Denise buy Roy's house ensuring Kirsty becomes homeless.
Yes, it's Jim's house but Alistair has a bedroom there. He could spruce that up instead of ruining Jim's sitting room. I know it was Jim's suggestion but Alistair seems to have taken liberties with it way out of character.

Yes, he's going to need to move out, leaving Kirsty homeless and Jim increasingly infirm and needy. Wonder if Kirsty fancies lodging with the elderly Prof?

It is actually described as a light comedy, is The Archers, or so my friend told me.
Considering it's quite heavy at times (Rob's coercive control, Graham's suicide and Will's suicidal ideation, Ben's depression, Alice's alcoholism etc etc) and the comedy aspects are almost never remotely funny, I'd say it was failing on both counts. Does anyone under 50 even listen to it ever?

Considering it's quite heavy at times (Rob's coercive control, Graham's suicide and Will's suicidal ideation, Ben's depression, Alice's alcoholism etc etc) and the comedy aspects are almost never remotely funny, I'd say it was failing on both counts. Does anyone under 50 even listen to it ever?
Greg’s suicide ;)

I am under 50 and haven’t missed an episode for 16 years. Listened on and off from mid 90s

I'm under 50 and I started listening at whatever age foetuses develop the ability to hear.

I don't actually listen to it now unless I'm round my mum's house but I still get updates because the population of Ambridge are just as real in my mum's head as all the actual real life people I've never met, whose lives she also keeps me updated on.

Greg’s suicide ;)

I am under 50 and haven’t missed an episode for 16 years. Listened on and off from mid 90s
Thanks, you are right. :oops: It was a long time ago that Greg the gamekeeper misused his shotgun. :(

You and your sharp memory - and iona - are the exception among listeners, I'm willing to bet a pint of Shires.

Oh fuck, he's going to get a suspended sentence isn't he?
Judge will take into account his plea, the references and his heroics on the night.

If he doesn't do some serious time I'm boycotting the Archers for a month!

Judge will take into account his plea, the references and his heroics on the night.

Did I miss the court case?

Indeed I think the beak will take into account his references, his heroics on the night and suspend his sentence.

Did I miss the court case?
He appeared in court today (but that scene was off air) for the plea. ISTR sentencing is on 10 October - which is a Thursday, so probably not jail. It's not as if the script writers are trying to keep it realistic in terms of timing or sentencing guidelines, or anything at all in fact.

Reactions: PTK
He appeared in court today (but that scene was off air) for the plea. ISTR sentencing is on 10 October - which is a Thursday, so probably not jail. It's not as if the script writers are trying to keep it realistic in terms of timing or sentencing guidelines, or anything at all in fact.
Meanwhile, throwing soup at a painting gets you 2 years.

FT. It's mad, isn't it.
Apparently the acid in the soup damaged the patina on the 17th century frame.
Another 2 Van Gogh paintings were attacked tonight within hours of the sentencing.

Again, no damage to the paintings.

I'm starting to hope they do damage a painting. What is more important, a picture or the planet?

Apparently the acid in the soup damaged the patina on the 17th century frame.
Another 2 Van Gogh paintings were attacked tonight within hours of the sentencing.

Again, no damage to the paintings.

I'm starting to hope they do damage a painting. What is more important, a picture or the planet?
Damaging the painting will not stop global warming. If a car was damaged in the course of trying to stop an oil tanker delivering oil, then your last question might be valid.

Van Gogh in a C17th frame? But anyway, it's a picture frame, not even a painting.

I'm not convinced that the soup-throwing helps their cause much, but the sentences given are ridiculous.

Van Gogh in a C17th frame? But anyway, it's a picture frame, not even a painting.

I'm not convinced that the soup-throwing helps their cause much, but the sentences given are ridiculous.
The judge actually said that part of the reason for not suspending the sentences was that it needed a custodian sentence in order to deter others from repeating the offence.
JSO say ''challenge accepted''.

Back
Top Bottom