Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*The Archers thread

I thought exactly this, and looked up the legislation last night. It seemed to require someone to actually do something to assist an offender, not just refrain from reporting them.
Penalties for assisting offenders.
(1)Where a person has committed [F1a relevant offence], any other person who, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence or of some [F2other relevant offence], does without lawful authority or reasonable excuse any act with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution shall be guilty of an offence.

I'm not sure, the above is the the legislation and I'd say it's possible that you could argue that not telling the police counts as acting with intent to impede his apprehension. Especially when Will was agreeing with him and suggesting ways that it might work out all right, like that Harry stuff.
We need one of the lawyers on the board to weigh in!
PC Burns is surely going to lose his job this time, isn't he? Another good reason for Fallon to dump him imo. Then he can play hide the sausage with Alice, she'll get up the duff and he'll be thrilled.

We could be in for a whole season of "change your partners". Ed is really pissed off with Emma, so might dump her, and Chris Carter is spare, so Fallon could swap to either of them. Emma can then get back with Will, keeping things in the family.
The big love triangle sounds plausible and just messy enough for the writers to fancy it!

Yes, he read 14.00 as 4 o'clock. Easily done in the excitement perhaps, but it had me wondering too. That and his heart condition. I don't know how old the character is meant to be, but there are quite a few in that generation who can't go on for ever.

OTOH it had me wondering at first whether Ruaridh was pulling a fast one. It wouldn't be the first time he'd been economical with the truth.

Brian is around 75 I think.

I also wondered if Ruaridh had somehow flunked and not graduated. Being economical with the truth will help him in his new career in financial services. Seems like his character arc is done though.

Brian is around 75 I think.

I also wondered if Ruaridh had somehow flunked and not graduated. Being economical with the truth will help him in his new career in financial services. Seems like his character arc is done though.
He'll end up being the patsy for an insider trading scam and share a cell with George.

Yes, he read 14.00 as 4 o'clock. Easily done in the excitement perhaps, but it had me wondering too. That and his heart condition. I don't know how old the character is meant to be, but there are quite a few in that generation who can't go on for ever.

OTOH it had me wondering at first whether Ruaridh was pulling a fast one. It wouldn't be the first time he'd been economical with the truth.
I misread 15:00 as 5 for our flight time going on honeymoon. Over 10 years later and I still haven't lived it down.

I can almost hear Eddie now: Oh, he's not such a bad lad. We all make mistakes. He's only young. And he was so brave, going in to rescue everyone.
And Clarrie will say: Oh Eddie! How could you! It was so wrong, what he did, framing poor Alice like that!
Eddie: What do you mean, 'poor Alice'? She's an alcoholic! He wouldn't be in this mess but for her....

etc etc.
Nailed it.

Well... almost. Except I didn't foresee quite how vicious he'd be about Emma dobbing George in and Susan and Neil encouraging it. And Clarrie is away...
And where is Natasha while Tom is trying to do his version of family therapy with the Tea Room staff? When Natasha hears about it...
This is all going to drag on and on, isn't it.

Well... almost. Except I didn't foresee quite how vicious he'd be about Emma dobbing George in and Susan and Neil encouraging it. And Clarrie is away...
And where is Natasha while Tom is trying to do his version of family therapy with the Tea Room staff? When Natasha hears about it...
''Drag on'' is a very negative interpretation.
It is a storyline rich in drama that will run and run would be a more positive spin. ;)

I can't help feeling Carrie's aunt whatever being injured isn't just highly convieneit. Today was such an epic Wednesday filler episode it was funny.

They seem to be milking the accident ongoing fallout issue to the max.

Grr

Oh I am home early enough to catch the afternoon performance :)

Back
Top Bottom