Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*The Archers thread

We don't know that.
He only had one bottle of cider that we know of.

We very rarely if ever get anything from outside of Ambridge in the first person.
I don't think we heard Freddie's experiences in prison. Only him relaying his experiences later. Not sure if we even got prison visits first hand.
I think we heard the odd bit. But this certainly wasn't what I was expecting

🎵 I've got mangle wurzels in my garden, I've got mangle wurzels in my shed, 🎵 I've got mangle wurzels in the bathroom, and a mangle wurzel for a head 🎵

Joshua Merryweather

Possibly, before my time

Nelson was the real wrongun, didn’t he get accused of armed robbery?
I thought he'd be more in the line of fencing stolen antiques.

ETA Wikipedia tells me "He was charged with the Borchester mail-van robbery in 1967 but was eventually acquitted. After spells in London and Spain, in 1980, he ran a wine bar and later an antique shop with Kenton Archer. Finally, he disappeared to South America, where he died in strange circumstances."

Borchester mail van robbery totally passed me by.

Like polute the land buy burying toxic waste in it
That was Brian Aldridge.

The worst I can remember an Archer doing was David Archer shooting a badger after a previous round of TB led to him having to cull some of his herd.

Last edited:
Didn't David threaten some eco-protestors because someone offered him out over GM crops? Can't remember the details but I don't think he was charged.
He has a nasty temper on him when something sets him off.

The trouble I have had with the Archers in the past is that I got the characters mixed up.
Me too, although sometimes I look at the program website. Where strangely enough some of the actors are just like I imagine in my minds eye. Justin Elliot for example exactly how I had imagined him to be :)

Back
Top Bottom