Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ambiguity of the Ukrainian situation

Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not really a problem, because traffic wardens have to put up with racist abuse as part of their day job?
As with traffic wardens the abuse isn't using really about what they look like or where they live; more from what they are doing

The man from Russian disinformation is just doing a job just like anyone else is so far up its own arsecond feel free to carry on this thread without me.

There is a certain lack of ambiguity about this war which I have resolved to always keep in mind no matter what; namely that it was started by the Russian government. No matter the amount of NATO whataboutery brought up by Putin's defenders, it was Russian missiles that took off first and struck targets in Ukraine, it was was Russian tanks and troops which went on the march and crossed the border to start killing people and blowing shit up.

If it's moral certainty that one seeks, then that alone should be sufficient.

What trolls are you talking about? You may not believe me, but you can easily find all the information on the Internet, and not obediently believe everything that they tell you on TV, although this requires a little effort ...
Bang on man!

Here's your song as the credits roll on your very short stay.

And I'm not a fan of cocksucker as an insult either. I'm sure it wasn't intended that way but it always has a whiff of misogyny/homophobia imo.
Given the prevailing Russian establishment regarding homosexuality, I wanted an insult which stood a chance of pressing some kind of button. It's not an insult I would normally use.

I agree and it's quite disappointing to see the "Russian ****" insult format being used even on here. I've noticed quite a bit of it. Changing "Russian" to, say, "Arab" or "Jewish" might help some people to understand why it's not on.
One of the more uncomfortable things I've heard over the last few weeks is Russian soldiers being referred to as orcs in popular Ukrainian media. When you're being shelled and looted by them I guess it's an understandable reaction, but it's that dehumanising thing that worries me.

Not sure I get the whole thing because nobody would pay someone to troll U75 from Moscow would they? To be paid kopecks for doing that is ridiculous no?

Regardless, nothing interesting was coming. Like the cold callers from India, there's a script in these situations, surely.

Last edited:
You
Not sure I get the whole thing because nobody would pay someone to troll U75 from Moscow would they? To be paid kopecks for doing that is ridiculous no?

Reagrdless, nothung intersting was coming. Like the cold callers from India, there's a script in these situations, surely.
You'd be surprised tbh.

I was surprised when they replied to someone at all. Am curious what the script is, what they’d say about loads of specific things. Wasn’t expecting anything beyond the script but in itself it’s informative, same way as looking at Russian news stuff is.

..lara logan of 'fauci is as bad as mengele' fame?
Lara Logan is a great source of news! You can find out all sorts of interesting things from her:
The following day, Logan posted a picture of a tweet purporting to come from a national antifa group threatening to terrorize majority-white neighborhoods. The tweet she cited read: “Tonight’s the night, Comrades...Tonight we say ‘Fuck The City’ and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what’s ours,” along with a black raised-fist emoji.

That tweet turned out to have come from a fake account linked to white-nationalist group Identity Europa posing as antifa while calling for violence. The fake antifa account even included the acronym “I.E.” in its logo, a clear reference to its ties to Identity Europa.

After being called out for credulously passing along two hoaxes, Logan did not correct, update, or delete either tweet, instead lashing out at critics as waging a smear campaign to “destroy” her. There can be “no doubt,” she wrote, that liberal media-monitoring group Media Matters for America had “marshaled their army & all their resources” against her. (In 2013, Media Matters exposed Logan’s false 60 Minutes reporting on Benghazi, which resulted in a retraction, an on-air apology from Logan, and a leave of absence.)

Several days after posting the fake antifa tweets, Logan would again fall for another hoax—this time taking an obvious joke about rap-loving clowns as serious proof of an antifa conspiracy.

As a joke, one Twitter user wrote a thread connecting antifa to costume-wearing furries, Korean pop listeners, and the rowdy, soda-chugging fans of horrorcore rap duo Insane Clown Posse, who call themselves “juggalos” and dress up in clown makeup.
At one point, the account wrote that “for those confused as to the antifa clown hierarchy, there isn't one juggalos are regulars jokers are auxiliaries outside the traditional command structure.”

Logan reposted that June 5 tweet, holding it up as proof of the clandestine antifa hierarchy she has long claimed exists. “Exposing the lie: Anarchists hide behind the idea that there is no organization or structure - but here you have it in their own words: ‘traditional command structure,’” tweeted the Fox reporter. Her tweet still remains live...

During a June 4 appearance on Hannity, Logan first touted claims from right-wing provocateur James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas that the organization had “infiltrated antifa”—the supposed sting operation took place in a bookstore that closed two years ago—before warning that antifa is dropping off “pallets of bricks” at protest sites to provoke violence and vandalism.

“You talked about bricks, Sean,” she said to Fox host Sean Hannity. “It’s not just bricks they’re putting in the streets. I actually saw something that is kind of a pallet.”

Turning to Fox News contributor Dan Bongino, who is reportedly a key figure in getting Trump to focus his attention on antifa, Logan added: “It makes it easy to move a large amount of bricks very quickly where they can just literally put it on the back of a truck and the truck tilts and it slides right off and it stays intact. This is a form of logistical support that the U.S. military uses.”

Fact-checkers, however, have found no validity for suggestions that large piles of bricks have been deliberately left near sites of protests in an effort to incite violence. Nor have there been any sightings of antifa-led cargo trucks dropping off pallets of bricks in cities for demonstrators to chuck at buildings or police.
I was surprised when they replied to someone at all. Am curious what the script is, what they’d say about loads of specific things. Wasn’t expecting anything beyond the script but in itself it’s informative, same way as looking at Russian news stuff is.
Yeah, agreed, I would still be curious to know more about this:
Nobody argues that the Nazis can be found everywhere, but the problem is different. The problem is their level of influence, in Ukraine they are in the government.
Like, is it based on Avakov having been in government until last year, or are there serving government members that they're claiming to be nazis?

Lara Logan is a great source of news! You can find out all sorts of interesting things from her:

Yeah, agreed, I would still be curious to know more about this:

Like, is it based on Avakov having been in government until last year, or are there serving government members that they're claiming to be nazis?
Very happy to hear that juggalos use horizontal organising techniques.

I was hoping to have a conversation with them : (
Do get why it’s an autoban but still, could have been interesting instead of what it predictably turned into.
I’m not sure , I think the most likely scenario is someone running 20/30 conversations in different windows, a bit like webchat operators in call centres, and cut n pasting g the closest bit of script in to conversations before they get binned off. Like professional on line poker players but even more boring to do.

I’m not sure , I think the most likely scenario is someone running 20/30 conversations in different windows, a bit like webchat operators in call centres, and cut n pasting g the closest bit of script in to conversations before they get binned off. Like professional on line poker players but even more boring to do.

Israel has been doing it professionally for years with Hasbarah. they are pretty good as well, every counter to the OP stooge leads a considered and planned response.Its like arguing God with archbishops.

Back
Top Bottom