Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tesla road hate

Maybe it's the stand out colour 🤣
( Incidentally, Mrs tag is so not a car person, but she has often remarked on the paint jobs on a Tesla)

I had a ride in one recently as it came as a taxi - not that nice inside considering how expensive they are.
Those buying one are paying for a big, very expensive battery bolted to a cheaply made car. It’s not a recipe for a long and happy ownership experience.

I find the exterior design of a Tesla car to be quite bland and forgettable. I have to remind myself of what they actually look like!

As for under the hood, I hear the build quality is rubbish and servicing can be a nightmare. Plus they're trying to introduce the same model of product support that we currently "enjoy" with electronic devices; roll out now and fix the bugs later. Also extra goodies like the possibility of your car getting "bricked" for some stupid reason that would never have happened if the designers hadn't decided to make your vehicle "terminally online".

Thankfully they're no longer your only option if you're in the market for an electric vehicle. Other more established manufacturers have stepped up their game and in my opinion, have left Tesla in the dust.

In view of this thread, fuck Tesla. Audi it is for me, then :thumbs:

etron_gt.jpg

Do they really have that image or am I just projecting onto it?
I've just looked up some pictures of them and they're nowhere near as bad as other cars in that price range

View attachment 353379

That particular model is a nice looking car.
Big though. Was at the hospital earlier and saw one (I assume a consultant's car), and it didn't fit in the parking space either width or lengthwise.

Looks like any other saloon to me.
That’s exactly what it looks like. I think it’s also the reason for its success — at a time when electric cars were perceived as milk floats, Tesla released an ordinary looking saloon.

That’s exactly what it looks like. I think it’s also the reason for its success — at a time when electric cars were perceived as milk floats, Tesla released an ordinary looking saloon.
In affliction of modern cars

They're alright cars but I don't really like how they look. Also the software seems a bit sluggish to me, like a phone pre-loaded with bloatware. I'd rather drive a VW ID.3 if I had to get an electric car.

Car people: how does the Polestar compare? Not that I’m planning to get either, just curious.

Car people: how does the Polestar compare? Not that I’m planning to get either, just curious.

Polestar 2 would look way better than a Tesla if you give it a Starsky & Hutch paint job - I can't do Photoshop but this should help you get the idea:

1669735887196.png

1669735941880.png

A college has a Polestar and raves about it. The interior looks like it was actually designed by a car company, which puts it ahead of a Tesla at any rate. They are dreadful inside.

A college has a Polestar and raves about it. The interior looks like it was actually designed by a car company, which puts it ahead of a Tesla at any rate. They are dreadful inside.

It's a bit better. Still seems to have an iPad strapped to the dash for some reason.

I wouldn’t recognise a Tesla if I saw one. I haven’t ever spotted one around.
They're kinda like an Austin Princess that's been to the future and come back with a laptop on the dashboard and the bodywork rounded off.

When one of our old mates got one it was then that I realised that this is indeed the new car for Cunts. He's a prize nob for fashion. He was the first person in our footy team to have Adidas Predator boots and a Craig Johnston perm..

princess.jpg

Ask a child to draw a futuristic version of this and you will know what one looks like forevermore. ;)

Not always, one of my techs has distinct buyers remorse about his current BMW, which appears to have a list of faults a mile long :D
Last year or 3 ago an oppo of mine at work was sat in the passenger seat of my New Skoda telling me that her husbands new BMW had everything that my car had and more. He's a GP and not the brightest of buttons so when he called her to say that he'd driven the BMW under a bridge on a flooded road and he was just taking his socks and shoes off to get out of the car we both had a little chuckle about it's low profile.

Last edited:
They're kinda like an Austin Princess that's been to the future and come back with a laptop on the dashboard and the bodywork rounded off.

When one of our old mates got one it was then that I realised that this is indeed the new car for Cunts. He's a prize nob for fashion. He was the first person in our footy team to have Adidas Predator boots and a Craig Johnston perm..

View attachment 353489

Ask a child to draw a futuristic version of this and you will know what one looks like forevermore. ;)
So, less of an Austin Princess and more of an Austin Tatious.

They're pretty common in London certainly central I'd say. Agree they're pretty ugly for such a supposedly futuristic car and supposedly still pretty shabby build. Presumably when the big car manufacturers get into electric properly they'll have trouble keeping up with the cost and quality.

First attempt at a Chinese "premium" brand. They are always favourably reviewed but seem a bit expensive compared the Hyundai/VW competition.

I have a feeling the budget Tesla comes in at ÂŁ48k which makes me frankly bemused that anyone could spend so much on a car. You could buy a few houses in the valleys for that.

40-50k for a good used Model S.
To some people that’s not a great deal of money.

40-50k for a good used Model S.
To some people that’s not a great deal of money.
Yep, some people live in different circumstances to me that is for sure.

Mind you, perhaps they take out a car loan.

Me I buy my cars for cash.

Most people in expensive cars aren’t buying them outright they’re leasing or doing PCP. The two people I know with a Tesla got them as company cars.

I wouldn’t buy a car outright now and haven’t for 14 years.

I can't imagine having to be too precious about a car. Mine has scratches on every corner courtesy of my Ex's parking habits, and a big dent in the hatchback courtesy of mine.

I remember an experiment I did in Catalonia where I walked about town and tried to find a car without a dent, it took a while to find one, wheras I did the same experiment in Dortmund and none had dents. I guess the Germans are more car proud than the Catalans. The difference was stark.

Back
Top Bottom