Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attacks and beheadings in France

No I get that (and also to Edie). Reflecting a bit on that I can see why it is problematic. I'm also guilty of not really giving this the attention it deserves whilst doing something else apologies. I don't know, very sad all round.

No need for apologies. It's worth discussing.

No I get that (and also to Edie). Reflecting a bit on that I can see why it is problematic. I'm also guilty of not really giving this the attention it deserves whilst doing something else apologies. I don't know, just very complex and sad all round.
I am finding it really complex too.

Groups are very powerful, being in or out is always something that goes deep, perhaps all the more so if it resonates with the experience being excluded on a wider social level. But the teacher wasn't killed because he didn't fully grasp the complexity of conscious and unconscious group dynamics.

I think that this is problematic tbh. I can't imagine doing this in a class. It would put the kids in a pretty awkward position. But, I dunno, I wasn't there, and I'm not familiar with the norms of French classrooms
Yep.
Also potentially quite un-nerving/problematic for other French teachers directed to deliver this topic in this curriculum.
Given what Macron is reported to have said, you'd hope that their 'DfE' would issue some pretty clear guidance pdq.

"One of our compatriotswas murdered today because he taught the freedom to believe or not believe."
"...the terrorist killed a teacher because he wanted to kill the Republic and its values, the Enlightenment, the possibility to make our children, wherever they come from, whatever they believe in, whether they believe or not, whatever their religion, to turn them into free citizens. This battle is ours and it is existential. They will not pass. Obscurantism and the violence that goes with it will not win. They will not divide us. That's what they seek and we must stand together."

Yep.
Also potentially quite un-nerving/problematic for other French teachers directed to deliver this topic in this curriculum.
Given what Macron is reported to have said, you'd hope that their 'DfE' would issue some pretty clear guidance pdq.

"One of our compatriotswas murdered today because he taught the freedom to believe or not believe."
"...the terrorist killed a teacher because he wanted to kill the Republic and its values, the Enlightenment, the possibility to make our children, wherever they come from, whatever they believe in, whether they believe or not, whatever their religion, to turn them into free citizens. This battle is ours and it is existential. They will not pass. Obscurantism and the violence that goes with it will not win. They will not divide us. That's what they seek and we must stand together."
Took your fucking time.

It doesn't matter whether they were given the choice or not (although the language used by Ricard "contested firmly" seems unequivocal). The fact that the teacher felt it necessary to offer/suggest the division to the kids is what several posters, some teachers among them, believe was inappropriate.

so he was wrong to offer the opportunity for those who may be offended to step out of the classroom. This was wrong. But he should have instead given this opportunity to the parents to have the children withdrawn?

Just stop posting drivel is what i meant.

Sticking to the known stuff has itself become a bridge to a massive to a racist teacher telling muslims to fuck off out of it. God knows what would happen if we moved into speculation.

those are your words, old boy, and your appearance today (like many an appearance of yours can often be) just isn’t cricket.

you told me that my views on this issue were of a type of toxic liberalism that veers toward the far right. I asked for help and possibly some readings, and all you have done since is sneer at those who seem to think the lesson was delivered inappropriately.

you’re better than this.

those are your words, old boy, and your appearance today (like many an appearance of yours can often be) just isn’t cricket.

you told me that my views on this issue were of a type of toxic liberalism that veers toward the far right. I asked for help and possibly some readings, and all you have done since is sneer at those who seem to think the lesson was delivered inappropriately.

you’re better than this.
Perhaps just read for a bit

you’re better than this.
Disingenuous. You ploughed into this thread with abuse and idiocy. Now you're complaining that people aren't educating you enough. It's all here already. Just read the thread.

“ Two days after the murder, a defence council ordered the deportation of 231 foreign citizens which were known to security services in the Fiche S register. Of those, 180 were in prison and the rest were to be arrested”

wiki article - and possibly not true. But if so, what does that say about the freedoms offered to us in the Age of Enlightenment ?

Really ? You don't get the point of the analogy?

Here's a visceral image for you. A man having his head hacked off in the street because of a discussion he started while doing his job.

And need we anymore? Need we anymore?

You seem to want to spar with me, regardless of my viewpoint, and it began as soon as I posted on here and was obviously carried over from previous threads.

You made a statement about ‘ploughing in with abuse’ and I’ve checked my messages. One ‘twatty nutz’ does not constitute a ploughing.

Here's a visceral image for you. A man having his head hacked off in the street because of a discussion he started while doing his job.

And really, need we anymore than that?

HAS RAHEEEM OFFICAUl REPORT?

News?
Wow, you're really so cross it affects your pronunciation when you're typing?

I read the statement by the chief prosecutor. Sorry to disappoint if you genuinely thought I was saying I had been couriered a sensitive draft of something under presidential seal.

'we owe it to all those who are intimidated, mistreated, killed in the name of reaction'

Absolutely right, and one of the reasons why the ignorant, speculative and outright just made-up criticism of Samuel Paty on this thread is fucking shameful.

Rewinding eight years, there were a fair few fuckers making the same unwarranted criticisms of the murdered CH cartoonists. Shameful.

Back
Top Bottom