Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attacks and beheadings in France

I’ll tell ya what, if a 6yo is in a PRU it’s not cos he shouted that out in class.

Read my post properly. I stated quite clearly, twice, it was one incident of many. But he did get excluded for a day for that. He got excluded permanently for a host of things.

In my local PRU for juniors, there are 40 pupils. And they have a waiting list. And I live in an under-populated rural area. Kids get excluded a lot easier than you seem to have any knowledge of.

Read my post properly. I stated quite clearly, twice, it was one incident of many. But he did get excluded for a day for that. He got excluded permanently for a host of things.

In my local PRU for juniors, there are 40 pupils. And they have a waiting list. And I live in an under-populated rural area. Kids get excluded a lot easier than you seem to have any knowledge of.
You really are a patronising dick :D It’s not “middle class” to teach your kids basic manners.

That sentence is what your pinning the idea that outed Muslims on, despite the fact that the first part of it is apparantly contradicted in the very next line which imiplies they were given the choice to leave rather than being sent out?! What do you think more likely: that he offered the choice, or that he forced hitherto unidentified Muslims to identify themselves then get out? Come on.

It doesn't matter whether they were given the choice or not (although the language used by Ricard "contested firmly" seems unequivocal). The fact that the teacher felt it necessary to offer/suggest the division to the kids is what several posters, some teachers among them, believe was inappropriate.

Also 'the professor contested' any suggestion (who from? parents?) that the teacher had 'identified them' and 'asked them to leave'.
Reads like a clunky translation, I think it's supposed to mean that the teacher firmly denied he'd done any such thing but contested in English is ambiguous, as in might mean "he was firmly making the case" that's what he did.

It doesn't matter whether they were given the choice or not (although the language used by Ricard "contested firmly" seems unequivocal). The fact that the teacher felt it necessary to offer/suggest the division to the kids is what several posters, some teachers among them, believe was inappropriate.

See my edit. I think it means he denied doing that.

Given that snails are haram, should the French not consider removing them from restaurant menus, lest someone gets offended and a chef gets beheaded?

See my edit. I think it means he denied doing that.
Yes, that could be interpreted either way, in fairness. However the point still stands doesn't it? He told muslims they were free to leave if they would be upset. That's unnessecarily divisive. Why do that when you don't need to show the cartoons at all?

Yes, that could be interpreted either way, in fairness. However the point still stands doesn't it? He told muslims they were free to leave if they would be upset. That's unnessecarily divisive. Why do that when you don't need to show the cartoons at all?

He gave the kids the choice to leave if they didn't want to see the images, not 'singled out' as far as we can tell, and that's 'unnecessarily divisive'? The what now?!

He gave the kids the choice to leave if they didn't want to see the images, not 'singled out' as far as we can tell, and that's 'unnecessarily divisive'? The what now?!
I’m not necessarily he did wrong but you must understand that those kids hardly had free choice.

Yes, that does change things. I'll need to rethink that part. It weakens that bit of the argument but I'm not sure it nullifies it.

I think that this is problematic tbh. I can't imagine doing this in a class. It would put the kids in a pretty awkward position. But, I dunno, I wasn't there, and I'm not familiar with the norms of French classrooms

I think that this is problematic tbh. I can't imagine doing this in a class. It would put the kids in a pretty awkward position. But, I dunno, I wasn't there, and I'm not familiar with the norms of French classrooms

No I get that (and also to Edie). Reflecting a bit on that I can see why it is problematic. I'm also guilty of not really giving this the attention it deserves whilst doing something else apologies. I don't know, just very complex and sad all round.

Back
Top Bottom