Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attack NZ, 50 dead, many injured

I'd actually be fine with an attempt to rein in all guns. Show me someone who wants a gun, I'll show you someone who probably shouldn't have one.

Target practice is actually really enjoyable. Almost zen like as it combines eye, brain, and muscles plus nature (wind etc) I agree with likefish that a .22 is probably all that's required though.

Target practice is actually really enjoyable. Almost zen like as it combines eye, brain, and muscles plus nature (wind etc) I agree with likefish that a .22 is probably all that's required though.

I have no problem with gun clubs, rifle ranges that keep firearms on site, safely locked away when not in use. Legitimate shooting sports survive in the UK post-Dunblane.

New Zealand may be another matter but there's really nothing in the UK that needs to be hunted by amateurs with guns.

Last edited:
I have no problem with gun clubs, rifle ranges that keep firearms on site, safely locked away when not in use. Legitimate shooting sports survive in the UK post-Dunblane.

Nee Zealand may be another matter but there's really nothing in the UK that needs to be hunted by amateurs with guns.
Yeah pretty much agree. I guess there will be farmers who will say they need a gun.

Loads of people safely hold guns for pest control.
Define loads?
Only time I've toyed with the thought of having a gun is fantasising about murdering someone. I'm happy that more focused and motivated potential gun happy people don't have them.

Loads of people safely hold guns for pest control.

I don't particularly think we should ban everything that goes bang, just that a total ban would be better than no controls at all.

My original point was just that the, 'if we let them control our guns soon they'll ban them altogether' argument lacks a credible 'threat' component because the thing we're being warned could happen is not really that bad.

I've fired rifles on ranges FWIW. It's entertaining enough and has an interesting self-discipline aspect to it but it's not something I would bother to do regularly.

Define loads?
Only time I've toyed with the thought of having a gun is fantasising about murdering someone.

There's about three million legally-owned guns in the UK.

Your fantasies probably say more about you than they do about gun owners.

I don't particularly think we should ban everything that goes bang, just that a total ban would be better than no controls at all.

My original point was just that the, 'if they try to control guns soon they'll ban them altogether' argument lacks a credible 'threat' component because the thing we're being warned could happen is not really that bad.

Well obviously. Nobody is suggesting no controls at all.

It might not be bad for you, but it would be for a lot of people.

the definition for having a gun license in the uk is proving you use to for Sport (covers hunting and pest control by game keepers)

the opposite for the States where it is for Protection

Hey Athos without trying to shut you down..

Please note anyone giving reason for why people should have guns on here is going to get short shrift

their are gun lobbyist in the UK who thankfully don't find a good footing

Back
Top Bottom