Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

I found us! Actually I can't see me but I can see H! She's a teeny tiny dot in the crowd.

I recognise the coat of the guy in front. There were two youngish men in front of us, a bit dorky looking, they were totally loving it, big smiles and singing along the whole time. I was so pleased to see that. And another young man on the row in front singing with his girlfriend and then at one point just looking so tenderly at her while she was singing. So much love and feeling.

So, it was all amazing. I loved the way it built up as it got darker and the whole stadium was lit up with the LED bracelets, very clever for it to feel so immersive in such a big space, It really is an incredible show, an immense production from her team.

Getting into the stadium was the most difficult part, the queue was short and it was straightforward, we were just both a bit overwhelmed at this point, it was rainy and windy and we'd had to do an emergency fixing of her dress. Help we're autistic! We were taken to our seats and the steward put our LED bracelets on for us.

My daughter was very anxious to begin and it wasn't clear if she would manage; she decided to sit through Paramore to get used to the sound and just being there, she likes them and knows some of the songs. She kept her Loops in throughout and wore noise cancelling headphones to begin while she got used to it. We took cereal bars (thanks mrsfran) so we had something to eat as she was too anxious to eat anything more substantial. She said she felt sick. We were so cold at this point, telling ourselves it would be ok once Taylor came on as we'd be dancing, and it was. As soon as it began, all that anxiety faded, and she was so happy, she filmed for her memories but also I think to help regulate the intensity. Such a relief, OMG. So proud of her.

Like mrsfran I think All Too Well was my favourite. The surprise songs were great, two off Speak Now which I don't know very well, I Can See You and Mine, I love just her and her guitar. I Can See You went down a treat as the video was filmed in Liverpool. We only have bits of songs as H wanted to film and to be in the moment without filming everything

And Cornelia Street and Maroon on the piano

Hard to choose an Era or any specific songs cos they were all so good, but TTPD was really great visually in monochrome, so well done, I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is such a good show song

But The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived was AMAZING

Midnights is such a strong and vibrant album and I'd forgotten it all ended with Karma which was like the perfect celebratory ending.

And H got to swap some bracelets at the end with a group of girls who were sat near us, seeing all their faces light up ❤️

Intense.

It's lovely reading this. I was lucky enough to take my sister and my brother to their first concerts and it's something none of us will forget.

My sister was about the same age as your daughter mrsfran - I took her to see Madonna at Wembley. Took my brother to see Oasis when he was maybe 13 or 14, again just totally ace to be there with him going nuts and singing every word to every song. Lovely stuff.

So, it was all amazing. I loved the way it built up as it got darker and the whole stadium was lit up with the LED bracelets, very clever for it to feel so immersive in such a big space, It really is an incredible show, an immense production from her team.

Getting into the stadium was the most difficult part, the queue was short and it was straightforward, we were just both a bit overwhelmed at this point, it was rainy and windy and we'd had to do an emergency fixing of her dress. Help we're autistic! We were taken to our seats and the steward put our LED bracelets on for us.

My daughter was very anxious to begin and it wasn't clear if she would manage; she decided to sit through Paramore to get used to the sound and just being there, she likes them and knows some of the songs. She kept her Loops in throughout and wore noise cancelling headphones to begin while she got used to it. We took cereal bars (thanks mrsfran) so we had something to eat as she was too anxious to eat anything more substantial. She said she felt sick. We were so cold at this point, telling ourselves it would be ok once Taylor came on as we'd be dancing, and it was. As soon as it began, all that anxiety faded, and she was so happy, she filmed for her memories but also I think to help regulate the intensity. Such a relief, OMG. So proud of her.

Like mrsfran I think All Too Well was my favourite. The surprise songs were great, two off Speak Now which I don't know very well, I Can See You and Mine, I love just her and her guitar. I Can See You went down a treat as the video was filmed in Liverpool. We only have bits of songs as H wanted to film and to be in the moment without filming everything

And Cornelia Street and Maroon on the piano

Hard to choose an Era or any specific songs cos they were all so good, but TTPD was really great visually in monochrome, so well done, I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is such a good show song

But The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived was AMAZING

Midnights is such a strong and vibrant album and I'd forgotten it all ended with Karma which was like the perfect celebratory ending.

And H got to swap some bracelets at the end with a group of girls who were sat near us, seeing all their faces light up ❤️

Intense.

Thank you, Mini Fire is loving the reviews and the videos. :)

Red Cat I'm going to make a shadow box to display our tickets, VIP merch, bracelets, light-up bracelet, photos etc :)
I’m doing this too for me and my friend. 😊

After a ‘my bag is too big’ panic I’ve bought a new one and I’m all set. Outfit done, started packing (I’m away for 3 days) and might actually get on and make some bracelets.

I’ve been watching the surprise song set each night plus the end of TTPD. Aaaaarrrrggghhhh. 😄

My niece has had to return her ticket for the weekend because it was a standing one and under-14s need to be seated. Presumably seated tickets are like gold dust and there is no way at all of getting them, and asking if anyone here has spares would just get a hollow laugh?

Probably a slim chance but I have seen some talking about trying to swap once there.

How obviously under 14 is she?

Ticketmaster and AXS do have limited resale tickets but it does mean checking it obsessively as they get shared all over insta etc and go very quickly.

Probably a slim chance but I have seen some talking about trying to swap once there.

How obviously under 14 is she?

Ticketmaster and AXS do have limited resale tickets but it does mean checking it obsessively as they get shared all over insta etc and go very quickly.

Very obviously, she just turned 11. And no-one in my family is particularly large.

As far as I know my brother in law already sold the standing tickets. He’s probably all over the resale sites, I think he’s just hoping for a miracle.

bay-city-rollers-fans-circa-1975-2GXC93F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom