Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

Loving the stories and videos :)
Mrs SI and Miss P have been making friendship bracelets all weekend and are planning on making many more before the 22nd. Our house is full of pop music and singing. P is not TOO upset she's not going with Mrs SI but I bet she'd love it. Mrs SI is very anxious about being at such a huge event but I think that mass singing/participation thing will sweep her along.

Loving the stories and videos :)
Mrs SI and Miss P have been making friendship bracelets all weekend and are planning on making many more before the 22nd. Our house is full of pop music and singing. P is not TOO upset she's not going with Mrs SI but I bet she'd love it. Mrs SI is very anxious about being at such a huge event but I think that mass singing/participation thing will sweep her along.
mrs mx spent about a week making a dress for our daughter. They're off up to Liverpool (225 miles from down here in the deepest south) on Thursday (leaving me to look after MiL), then daughter is seeing her in London with mates.

I confess the whole thing is outside my comprehension, but it's clearly a "big thing", and, as others have said, it's delightful.
Even an old punk like me has to take a step back and say, yeah go for it.

For anxious people - lots of people had Loop earplugs or similar. But if it gets too much during the concert, it is easy to just nip out for a few minutes to gather yourself. It's an excited but not aggressive crowd, and any time anyone needed help everyone around helped and made space.

Apparently there were a few people who had too much to drink and were a mild nuisance but I honestly didn't spot any of that. Lots of kids, lots of costumes, lots of dancing.

They specify bags must be A4 or smaller (exception is the VIP tote bag). But they didn't glance at mine, let alone search it, and you are allowed to take extra if needed medically or for children. I recommend taking a couple of cereal bars or similar, particularly if you need safe food.

They sold phone chargers but I'd recommend taking your own.

Phone signal was very patchy so if you're not confident of your route out, take a map screenshot before you go, or download a map so you can access it offline.

You'll get an LED light wristband on your way in. When you take the little bit of plastic out to activate it, hold on to the plastic, you can then stop the lights at the end by reinserting them. It took me 24 hours of flashing lights to work that out!

For anxious people - lots of people had Loop earplugs or similar. But if it gets too much during the concert, it is easy to just nip out for a few minutes to gather yourself. It's an excited but not aggressive crowd, and any time anyone needed help everyone around helped and made space.

Apparently there were a few people who had too much to drink and were a mild nuisance but I honestly didn't spot any of that. Lots of kids, lots of costumes, lots of dancing.

They specify bags must be A4 or smaller (exception is the VIP tote bag). But they didn't glance at mine, let alone search it, and you are allowed to take extra if needed medically or for children. I recommend taking a couple of cereal bars or similar, particularly if you need safe food.

They sold phone chargers but I'd recommend taking your own.

Phone signal was very patchy so if you're not confident of your route out, take a map screenshot before you go, or download a map so you can access it offline.

You'll get an LED light wristband on your way in. When you take the little bit of plastic out to activate it, hold on to the plastic, you can then stop the lights at the end by reinserting them. It took me 24 hours of flashing lights to work that out!

My boss was at Wembley on Friday night for the England game, he had no phone reception at all from getting near Wembley to leaving so definitely make plans that don't rely on phone signal!

I'm meeting Mini and Mlle Fire after the gig and driving to Manchester through the night for Mini Fire to race in the BMX Nationals. 😬

Oh mrsfran I was emotional reading your review. Truly special moment with your daughter.

A close friend of mines daughter somehow found K Pop & fell hard for it. My friend has taken her to two (very) expensive gigs in London one being a K Pop festival & the other for her fave band Black Pink. Travel, hotel, meals etc also had to be factored in. As my friend like me is not blessed with high disposable income the outings were joint b’day /Christmas and very much appreciated & memories made to last a lifetime. I imagine many Swifties were getting a similar deal from their parents.

I know little of her music but impression I get that this is not an ordinary tour.

Preparations are stepping up here. My dress is a bit small so I have 2 other options on the way.

I’ve only made 3 bracelets that aren’t shit. 😄

Now trying to book early check in for our hotel.

I’m ridiculously excited and very giddy about it all. Most of my friends are fairly baffled by it I expect but I bumped into a friend yesterday and the gig and what to wear was the first thing she mentioned.

I’m 45, have sacrificed a holiday this year to go to the tour and I absolutely don’t give a shit about the haters. 🎉

Preparations are stepping up here. My dress is a bit small so I have 2 other options on the way.

I’ve only made 3 bracelets that aren’t shit. 😄

Now trying to book early check in for our hotel.

I’m ridiculously excited and very giddy about it all. Most of my friends are fairly baffled by it I expect but I bumped into a friend yesterday and the gig and what to wear was the first thing she mentioned.

I’m 45, have sacrificed a holiday this year to go to the tour and I absolutely don’t give a shit about the haters. 🎉

I called today to see if we can check in early, they can't guarantee but they've put a note on my booking.

explainer for us normies
Have visions of akwards moments when teenage girls will look at me with deep disappoitment when they realise I don't have any to swap. Most likely they will take one look at me and think "nope, she's too old to be into this trend" :D and move on to the next person.

explainer for us normies
one interstring thing in that article for me was the history of sharing bracelets (south american) and then the mention of someting from my 80s childhood "Scoubidou - Wikipedia - you mean tehy werent called scooby doos? "It is named after the 1958 song of the same name by the French singer Sacha Distel."
every day is a learning day

I dont see what this song has to do with twined bracelets tho

I've got a bone to pick with this thread and the Swifties. Having been ignorant of Taylor Swifts catalogue, I looked her up on Spotify. She's done some bangers for real! And they're catchy enough that this 6ft 2ish and 20 stone hairy bloke in his mid 40s was singing along at the bus stop in Maidstone yesterday to You Belong With Me.

I just kinda wish that (a) I had realised how loud I was being and (b) it wasn't rush hour.

I've got a bone to pick with this thread and the Swifties. Having been ignorant of Taylor Swifts catalogue, I looked her up on Spotify. She's done some bangers for real! And they're catchy enough that this 6ft 2ish and 20 stone hairy bloke in his mid 40s was singing along at the bus stop in Maidstone yesterday to You Belong With Me.

I just kinda wish that (a) I had realised how loud I was being and (b) it wasn't rush hour.
Get making them bracelets Tony!

Back
Top Bottom