Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

Extra tip: if you're on any side of the stadium except west, take sunglasses, you'll have the sun in your eyes for quite a while.

I just realised she is doing 8 dates at Wembley! By crikey! :eek:

Mini Fire on the train back from Glasgow (she was racing there) surrounded by Swifties, she'll be having a great time.

Ok, here we go:

Woke up in the morning like AAAAHHHHH IT'S TODAY. M had left her dress at home so we went into town and luckily found a sparkly orange dress that was perfectly Fearless-era. We went to the St James Quarter and did some bracelet-making and M got filmed by BBC Scotland. We got our eyes done all sparkly by the free Boots make up lady. There were Swifties everywhere, looking very excited. So many sparkly outfits. We went back to our friend's flat to get changed and ready.

We had VIP tickets, so we we showed up at the stadium at 3pm. We managed to get on the special TTPD tram out there, so that was fun. The atmosphere was great - brilliant costumes, everyone's excited, trading bracelets. It was busy but not crowded, if that makes sense. About 20 mins before the gates opened at 4, the marshalls got us to stand up and queue properly, and we were right at the front. When the doors opened, we were straight in and straight to the merch stand, and bloody good job we did because while we waited 15 minutes, once we got our stuff the queues were SO LONG. Like, clearly well over an hour's wait worth of queueing. M got a hoodie. It was busy and crowded but not scary. We checked out the food options and got some mac and cheese and sat on the grass and talked to people and traded bracelets. A woman from South Africa complimented me on my dress :) There were people who had travelled from all over - we met people from Denmark, Australia, South Africa, America. I saw so many brilliant outfits. People put a LOT of effort in.

We went into the stadium proper at about 5pm and WOW. We were both like HOLY SHIT WE'RE HERE. It was so big, but also we had amazing seats and while in the photos and videos it looks like the stage was far away, it actually felt really close! M was so excited she was shaking. Here's what it looked like:

Paramore came on about 6.15 and they were great! So hard for a support band to do well but they really did. The lead singer properly rocked out. The stadium gradually filled up.

At about 7.10pm the clock came on for the 2-minute countdown and we were so excited, and when it started we got a bit overwhelmed and M and I both just burst into sobbing tears! I couldn't stop crying, I was just so happy to be there. For the first 10 minutes I was genuinely a bit worried M was going to pass out - she was crying, shaking, hyperventilating. But it was ok, she had some water, remembered to breathe, and was ok. The Man and You Need To Calm Down are two of my absolutely favourites and they're in the first set, so I was yelling, screaming, singing, dancing, it was BRILLIANT. The whole stadium yelling SHADE NEVER MADE ANYBODY LESS GAY made me start crying again :D We cried a lot :D I'm crying again thinking about it! You can see how emotional M was during Cruel Summer:

Taylor was RIGHT THERE! She was amazing.

Every song was brilliant, but I particularly loved the Red era. The girl who got picked for the hat in 22 was SO EXCITED, it was adorable. During We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Kam's special bit was "Nae chance!" :D I yelled along to Trouble.

The highlight of the whole show for me was All Too Well. Taylor just put everything into it, it was so emotional.

The Rep set was awesome, especially Look What You Made Me Do.

Then, we got an extended into chat for Folklore/Evermore! She talked about how it was inspired by videos she'd seen online about Scotland. Everyone was just super excited to get extra chat!

During Cardigan, someone got proposed to, and at the end Taylor talked about how cool it was that it was still light because she can see the audience and she doesn't usually get to see them and how cool it was that she saw the proposal.

And then Betty was on and I LOVE Betty! I yelled along. And Champagne Problems <3

I'm not going to go through every song, but it was SO GOOD. Blank Space and Shake It Off :cool: M reminded me every time an audience participation bit was coming up. I especially loved "1, 2, 3.. LET'S GO BITCH!".

TTPD and Who's Afraid:

And then the surprise songs! And not only did we get surprise songs, we get extra bits! We got four songs: Could've Would've Should've, I Know Places, and on piano, 'Tis the Damn Season and Daylight. During I know places,. she spotted someone in audience in trouble (she did this several times throughout the night, and directed the staff towards them), and she did this cute bit where she played the guitar and just kept chatting until the person got help. And then when she went back to playing, she got cramp in her hand and had to stop playing and she made a joke about it and we got an ERRORS TOUR moment! Crowd loved it.

And then Midnights, especially Anti-hero and Vigilante Shit, were awesome. And TOO SOON it was all over! The 3.5hrs flew by.

It was WORTH THE MONEY. Daughter says it was the best night of her life. It was one of my best too. It was incredible. Taylor Swift is incredible.

I loved your write-up mrsfran

I'm not one for going to gigs, but that reminded me of going to see Mylene Farmer (if you've never heard of her she's quite a popular French singer) on her Mylenium Tour in 1999. I started queueing at 7am(!!!) and was far from being first in the queue for a concert that didn't start until 10pm. Still managed to shout and scream my way through most of it though... :D

Fucking hell people are weird. This woman's making a billion out of playing shit music to idiots for huge amounts of money. I saw some mum proudly displaying a 'VIP' package which cost her £500.
It’s just raw, turbo-charged capitalism, which can seem a bit weird for an “artist”. Obscene ticket prices, amongst various other money-making tricks like the endless vinyl releases and album versions.

Why don't all you men who just really want to slag Taylor Swift and her fans off start your own special 'Taylor Swift is shit and we hate her NO GIRLS ALLOWED' thread where you can do that to your hearts' content without pissing all over people's fun on this one.

The majority posting here are women, women going to the concert with friends or mothers going with their daughters.

Did you not spot that?

And it's men repeatedly coming on here to enlighten us about how capitalist, untalented, and jet-using she is.

If you can't see that you're all implying that we and all her fans lack intelligence and political judgement then maybe take some time to reflect. You might as well be calling us hysterical.

Nobody cares about your views on Taylor Swift. The issue is that you're all so self-centred that you think it's ok come on here and piss on other people's joy.

It takes a special kind of cunt to see a lengthy post about a mother and daughter bonding and having the best night of their lives because they both love an artist and think "these people need to be told they're wrong and stupid and I'm the very clever man who's going to do that". Fuck off.

It takes a special kind of cunt to see a lengthy post about a mother and daughter bonding and having the best night of their lives because they both love an artist and think "these people need to be told they're wrong and stupid and I'm the very clever man who's going to do that". Fuck off.

I thought it was a lovely post, brought a tear to my eye and I reckon Mini Fire and Mlle Fire will have an amazing day at Wembley in 2 weeks. I will show the post to Mini Fire later.

It’s mad how Swifties are like Trumpers or Elon Musk fanboys. suddenly impossible to accept any negative opinion.
The thread title should probably be changed then, as clearly this isn’t a mega thread like all the others on here, which group discussion and allow multiple opinions on a subject.

You’re the only one being rude though and inventing a conversation in your head…

It made me and Mrs FA sob and dig out the vids from when they variously saw Harry Styles and BTS and Little Mix (the latter 90 quid for 45 minutes ffs) and the joy and the tears of all those gigs.

Lil'FA is now 19 and Taylor Swift has been her queen from Fearless onwards. She cried watching your vids and tells me she'll definitely love me forever as I gave my ticket to her bf 💔

I am not a swifty by any stretch of the imagination - not really my kind of music. But I tell you something - I would like to have been part of the amazing coming together of so many women celebrating another woman. The sheer joy she brings to people is beautiful to see and fuck it, if she makes a lot of money by making people happy so be it. There's little enough joy in the world.

I'm so glad both you and M had an amazing time mrsfran 😎😎😎😎

Last edited:
It’s mad how Swifties are like Trumpers or Elon Musk fanboys. suddenly impossible to accept any negative opinion.
The thread title should probably be changed then, as clearly this isn’t a mega thread like all the others on here, which group discussion and allow multiple opinions on a subject.

What is the purpose of your comments?

It hasn't always been but at the moment, the thread is people excited about going to a concert and sharing a really moving experience. Really helpful information shared to help and reassure those who might be autistic or ADHD, shared between people who have known each other on here for a long time, watched our children grow up, and given support to each other in some really tough times. It's also a feel good thread at a time when things feel difficult for a lot of people.

And you don't seem able to read that because your need to point out capitalism is more important than taking a step back.

Back
Top Bottom