Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

I'm annoyed as next weekend I need to get a train from Belfast to Dublin to watch Derry play in the All Ireland quarter final. There is only 1 train every couple of hours and they're fully booked up by Taylor Swift fans going to a stadium gig in Dublin. So fuck you, Taylor Swift.

I'm annoyed as next weekend I need to get a train from Belfast to Dublin to watch Derry play in the All Ireland quarter final. There is only 1 train every couple of hours and they're fully booked up by Taylor Swift fans going to a stadium gig in Dublin. So fuck you, Taylor Swift.

Considering the geographical location of Derry there may be some Derry fans taking some of the seats as well. :D

I'm a 40 year old cunty woman and I don't get it.

People keep telling me I should get it but I don't get it.

Look what you made.me.do.was an exception.

Everything else seems as try too hard.

Also, what I really don't get is old farts (older than even me farts) hijacking music in a bid to seem cool and young.

It's so cringe.

When I was 13 I went to the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party and my mum came along and acted like a bloody giddy aunt.

It was so cringe.

Imagine being young now and 50 year old dudes, with boomer energy, trying to be cool attempting to hijack your music to stay relevant.

I mean Taylor Swift is kinda dull but no wonder all dem yoot dem are experimenting with Xanax and bangin on about rizz.

I want to eat my first just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Should us women in our 40s/50s/60s start growing up a bit? Act our age? I dunno, what should we be doing?

You don’t need to ‘get it’, it’s not compulsory.

I could post a longer reply but as you’re just coming here to shit on happy things I won’t bother.

Mrs SI had an absolute blast last night. She said on the train down there were loads of Taylor shirts...split between Hawkins and Swift :D

She's buzzing still!
I was at Westfield on Saturday and it was really funny. Some swifties, lots of Foo Fighter fans and then the odd group of women in fringe and flares going to ABBA Voyage. The GA fans could have been mistaken for swifties.

Nah. I'm just here to tell you it's proper cringe. I had a Facebook reminder today, of me posting about who Taylor Swift is, and why does everyone thin she's so important. 10 years ago I was 30.

I feel sorry for kids these days not having anything for themselves. Even if I enjoyed swift I'd still tell my nieces she was a bit whack.. just so the could have a bit of differentiation.

It's pretty funny tbh.

Gotta admit tho... She does do a good body suit.

TBH I think that's the most human he has ever looked. As in he is actually having fun not just pretending.

But yeah, I'm not trying to latch on to anything, just sharing my daughters absolute fucking joy at her first hero, who, apart from the whole private jet thing, seems like a pretty decent person overall.

My niece Edie is going in Dublin on Friday, she is also beside herself with joy. Next time she sends me a message I'll be sure to tell her I'm not that into it just so I'm not cringe. That'll do the trick, sure she'll really understand that her uncle isn't just being a massive dick and just trying to keep her real.

Can someone start a Taylor Swift Misanthropes Assemble thread please?

TBH I think that's the most human he has ever looked. As in he is actually having fun not just pretending.

But yeah, I'm not trying to latch on to anything, just sharing my daughters absolute fucking joy at her first hero, who, apart from the whole private jet thing, seems like a pretty decent person overall.

My niece Edie is going in Dublin on Friday, she is also beside herself with joy. Next time she sends me a message I'll be sure to tell her I'm not that into it just so I'm not cringe. That'll do the trick, sure she'll really understand that her uncle isn't just being a massive dick and just trying to keep her real.

Can someone start a Taylor Swift Misanthropes Assemble thread please?

to be clear.

I think Keir Starmer is an awful human being.

And Shake it Off is an absolute banger. I have always said this even before Swiftmania became de rigeur.

Nah. I'm just here to tell you it's proper cringe. I had a Facebook reminder today, of me posting about who Taylor Swift is, and why does everyone thin she's so important. 10 years ago I was 30.

I feel sorry for kids these days not having anything for themselves. Even if I enjoyed swift I'd still tell my nieces she was a bit whack.. just so the could have a bit of differentiation.

It's pretty funny tbh.

Gotta admit tho... She does do a good body suit.
Thank god you told me. Thanks so much. 👍

On a side note, I really do think that once you hit a certain age it's important that the next generation see you as total cringe.

It's an important part of forming group bonds and generationally dynamics.

I do think Taylor is a bit shite (like Smash Hits Poll Winners Shite), but at the same time even if she weren't (look what you made me do, and maybe shake it off) ..I'd still say it was shite because part of the fun of teen angst is to carve out a niche.

And I'd rather that niche be carved out in something superfluous, like music, than something important, like politics.

I mean, just imagine if Tony fucking Blair was having fun at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party in 1997?!? 😬

(At the London Arena... Biggest in London back then)

Honestly, maybe Swiftmania is just Another Brick In The Wall?

More of a Beyonce fan, but TS is an entertainer would very much love to see live.

The better half doesn't get all the hype. So no Swift concert for us :(

I knew very little about this phenomenon before my my 24 year old niece came to live with me. She is a massive swiftie - so I've been observing the swiftie phenomenon at close quarters
she went to see her in Manchester the other week. She's just about floated down to earth now. She and her friend did tiktoks about it, she planned her outfit for ages. Knowing this, I spotted all the swifty outfits at the weekend and complimented as many as I could.

My daughter is not a swifty and did a post on insta about her private jetting habits and got all the swifty ire

Last edited:
Her private jet use is indeed problematic, but the same can be said for all the rich & famous people who travel in them. I can also understand what a logistical nightmare it would be for her to travel on commercial flights... High level politicians are pretty bad at this too.

the word "cringe" makes me cringe... bleurgh! Anyway, I'm old enough not to give a shit what anyone thinks of my musical taste ;)

edit: Will Taylor be Dolly Parton's successor, I wonder? She's another very cool, kind and caring woman who's still making music and does a lot with her money (donates to charity). TS's been donating to local food banks during her tour. For example Taylor Swift's generosity will help 'thousands of people' in city

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom